P1000m5 What did you add to/do with your Pioneer 1000 5 today?

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
20201129 144215

20201129 135114

Check out Sam(elkaholic) for all your 2 way radio needs. Great guy and Club Vendor.
www.off-roadcomms.com

R

rickoshea

got her back from the dealer with a new fuel pump and steering bolt.put the bucket seats back in,loaded up the chainsaw,snowshoes,snow planks,jack,snow shovel,5 gallons of supreme marked fuel and emergency box.i'm ready to hit the gold rush trail this weekend.

advertisement
R

rickoshea

spent all day saturday ripping the snowmobile trails.i've come to the conclusion that i want a set of doors.i don't care about air tight,i just want to keep most of the snow out.the snow was a little icy and my left arm was soaked by the end of the day.not so bad when i'm tearing up and down the lake and i can ride back to the house to warm up,but sucks when i'm 50 kilometers down a trail.the tracks throw a crap ton of snow in the cab when i'm doing hard turns.now i have to decide between oem honda and seizmik.leaning towards oem because i can get them in a couple days,max.

Reactions: Biteme
DAV11

DAV11

Supporting Member
Dec 12, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
spent all day saturday ripping the snowmobile trails.i've come to the conclusion that i want a set of doors.i don't care about air tight,i just want to keep most of the snow out.the snow was a little icy and my left arm was soaked by the end of the day.not so bad when i'm tearing up and down the lake and i can ride back to the house to warm up,but sucks when i'm 50 kilometers down a trail.the tracks throw a crap ton of snow in the cab when i'm doing hard turns.now i have to decide between oem honda and seizmik.leaning towards oem because i can get them in a couple days,max.
I've got the Honda OEM doors. They work fine. Not air tight. I take them off and put the small doors on for the summer. There are heavy and it's a bit of a struggle if you do it by yourself.

R

rickoshea

I've got the Honda OEM doors. They work fine. Not air tight. I take them off and put the small doors on for the summer. There are heavy and it's a bit of a struggle if you do it by yourself.
how do you rate the built quality?ie:will they take being dragged through a pine forested trail,do you think?

R

rickoshea

nevermind,i just realized you're talking about the hard doors,not what i'm looking for ,too $$$

Reactions: Biteme and DAV11
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
nevermind,i just realized you're talking about the hard doors,not what i'm looking for ,too $$$
Check out CEC Enclosures, cec.enclosures on Face book. $ 500.00 for the doors and back panel for a P1-3 that I installed on our P1-5, shipping included in the US.

R

rickoshea

Check out CEC Enclosures, cec.enclosures on Face book. $ 500.00 for the doors and back panel for a P1-3 that I installed on our P1-5, shipping included in the US.
those will run me over $800 can. plus shipping.i also looked into sidexside enclosures but they want close to $900 all in and i'll have to wait weeks for delivery on either.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
those will run me over $800 can. plus shipping.i also looked into sidexside enclosures but they want close to $900 all in and i'll have to wait weeks for delivery on either.
What's the exchange rate lately?

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah he is charging $690 for the 1000-5, talked to him this evening, I’d go with seizmik for just the front doors and not deal with zippers and use the Honda fabric mid panel. This would also allow you to zip down the door window s and the back window.

I bet there is a Canadian dealer as well.

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yeah he is charging $690 for the 1000-5, talked to him this evening, I’d go with seizmik for just the front doors and not deal with zippers and use the Honda fabric mid panel. This would also allow you to zip down the door window s and the back window.

I bet there is a Canadian dealer as well.

Never thought I would have a flip out windshield or an enclosure, and I really don't like either one. Thinking I my go back to a real rain coat and wear my flip up helmet. There are some really good rain suits made for tournament fishing, used to run 60 MPH in the rain and never get wet back in my fishing tournament days

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Never thought I would have a flip out windshield or an enclosure, and I really don't like either one. Thinking I my go back to a real rain coat and wear my flip up helmet. There are some really good rain suits made for tournament fishing, used to run 60 MPH in the rain and never get wet back in my fishing tournament days
Sure would save some coin.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!