P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

1border4manu

1border4manu

Supporting Member
Jul 4, 2019
Zephyrhills, Florida
Ownership

1. 500
Been looking for a small bag for Little Red. Going to try this old Camelbak bag. I pull out the bladder, we will see how it works. The black bag holds our rain gear. 20190825 113115 20190825 113126

Slayer

Slayer

Jul 3, 2019
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Decided to finally try out the wireless remote on my Superatv Black Ops 3500. It didn't work. Toggle switches work fine. After much head scratching I figured out that even if I have switch on power at the toggles, you still have to connect the small switch on lead from the connection harness in order for the wireless remote to work properly.. Figured I would share my stupidity with others...lol

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Decided to finally try out the wireless remote on my Superatv Black Ops 3500. It didn't work. Toggle switches work fine. After much head scratching I figured out that even if I have switch on power at the toggles, you still have to connect the small switch on lead from the connection harness in order for the wireless remote to work properly.. Figured I would share my stupidity with others...lol
When it comes to wiring a sxs, we’ve all had a head scratcher or two! ;)

P

PNWGuy

Keep looking ;)
Elk are extremely mobile creatures and can be twenty miles away the day after you spot them in one area. They are not like deer, who tend to stay in a one square mile area their entire lives.

Especially during the rut. The key is trying to find an area with ideal habitat based upon the stage of the rut and then gamble on whether or not the elk will be in that area.

The main goal of our ride was to become familiar with the habitat in the area and to find a good camp spot that was within a couple of miles of the various types of cover we "think" the elk will be moving into. Throw into the mix the fact that wolves are forcing the elk to change their feeding habits, and it becomes a real challenge.

Lots of really good habitat in the area we chose...

WGKx2mJhQa sNwfFwwzo4w

VVBGOFqhQ1 wNp3rH7MuLw

Moose are easy to find...

12LwGlukTOWeXNkI8J0gkA

UpStd9PdQYWp1DzjRPdRWQ

P500 is due for it's first service and needs it...

1D6aO3gR9ClOHKAqsYIww

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Elk are extremely mobile creatures and can be twenty miles away the day after you spot them in one area. They are not like deer, who tend to stay in a one square mile area their entire lives.

Especially during the rut. The key is trying to find an area with ideal habitat based upon the stage of the rut and then gamble on whether or not the elk will be in that area.

The main goal of our ride was to become familiar with the habitat in the area and to find a good camp spot that was within a couple of miles of the various types of cover we "think" the elk will be moving into. Throw into the mix the fact that wolves are forcing the elk to change their feeding habits, and it becomes a real challenge.

View attachment 150601

View attachment 150602

View attachment 150603

View attachment 150604

View attachment 150605
Yeah I know all about it, the last time we went elk hunting we walked countless miles and spent 6 days before getting a cow. Good times though.

Slayer

Slayer

Jul 3, 2019
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500

View attachment 150601

View attachment 150602

View attachment 150603

View attachment 150604

View attachment 150605
You are blessed to live in such a beautiful area. I know that the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, and some folks would love to experience the duck hunting here in Louisiana....but that is beautiful scenery and killing a nice bull elk is on my bucket list. Is that national forest?

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You are blessed to live in such a beautiful area. I know that the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, and some folks would love to experience the duck hunting here in Louisiana....but that is beautiful scenery and killing a nice bull elk is on my bucket list. Is that national forest?
Never duck hunted Louisiana, I hunt Missouri and Illinois. South Dakota and Arkansas are on my list.

Reactions: rtn001 and Slayer
advertisement
dpnorth

dpnorth

North adventures south
Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Crawfordville FL
www.youtube.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand

3. Talon X
used to live way up north. never liked anything from rustoleum. POR15 has been amazing for me. i just use it now due to being REAL tough and brush on.

Reactions: rtn001
P

PNWGuy

We were on state land and private timber company land. It's all intermingled around here and you can't go anywhere in the mountains without crossing through either state, national, or timber company land; usually all three within a few miles.

Reactions: rtn001 and Slayer
Slayer

Slayer

Jul 3, 2019
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Never duck hunted Louisiana, I hunt Missouri and Illinois. South Dakota and Arkansas are on my list.
We were on state land and private timber company land. It's all intermingled around here and you can't go anywhere in the mountains without crossing through either state, national, or timber company land; usually all three within a few miles.
Is the timber company land leased out for hunting or is it public use?

Reactions: rtn001 and Russ989
Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reactions: rtn001
P

PNWGuy

Is the timber company land leased out for hunting or is it public use?
It's public use.

For around 100 years, the main timber company in the area, Potlatch Corp, has been allowing public access and use of it's lands since they bought the land so cheaply from the government with the understanding that the citizens could still use it.

Only the last few years have they started trying to charge people money to camp, hunt, fish, or even drive through their land to get to other public lands.

Reactions: Russ989 and rtn001
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Well... it's the end of an era for me. This is a picture of my cherished Pioneer 500 on it's new owner's trailer before she went down the road. The last picture I'll ever get to take of her.

4065 miles and she never left me stranded. The 1000 is awesome, but I'll always have love for rock solid 500.
IMG 9251

And here is the only picture I have of both machines together. I sure wish I could have kept both!!
IMG 9166

C

Chooglin

Well... it's the end of an era for me. This is a picture of my cherished Pioneer 500 on it's new owner's trailer before she went down the road. The last picture I'll ever get to take of her.

4065 miles and she never left me stranded. The 1000 is awesome, but I'll always have love for rock solid 500.View attachment 150896

And here is the only picture I have of both machines together. I sure wish I could have kept both!!
View attachment 150898
Congrats on getting the 1000

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!