P700 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 700 today?

R

Reloder28

Oct 21, 2018
Deer Park, Tx
Ownership

1. 700-2
I've been looking to add an aux battery on my 700. let me know where you install the battery. I have set up the isolator, second fuse panel, Side mirrors with bright flood and spot lights built in, radio with rear speakers mounted on the roll bar, rear light, rocker switch plate. having a blast with my first sxs.
You have been busy!
If you lift the thin rubber flap under the driver side seat you will find a cavernous hole there perfectly suited for the addition of an auxiliary battery. You will have to remove the side body panel. Be sure to buy some plastic rivet remover pliers from Harbor Freight for $10. You will find them in the Auto Body section. The pliers, a #2 Phillips & a 5mm Allen Wrench will do the job. I cut two 20” lengths of B Line shallow Unistrut which you can source from Lowe’s in 24” pieces. Those will span the gap & provide ample structure to support a 50# battery & can be found with all the conduit clamps. Attach them with 1 1/4” one hole conduit straps. I bought a $20 battery tray from Jegs.com.

D

dalis7393

May 25, 2020
Ownership

1. 700-4
You have been busy!
If you lift the thin rubber flap under the driver side seat you will find a cavernous hole there perfectly suited for the addition of an auxiliary battery. You will have to remove the side body panel. Be sure to buy some plastic rivet remover pliers from Harbor Freight for $10. You will find them in the Auto Body section. The pliers, a #2 Phillips & a 5mm Allen Wrench will do the job. I cut two 20” lengths of B Line shallow Unistrut which you can source from Lowe’s in 24” pieces. Those will span the gap & provide ample structure to support a 50# battery & can be found with all the conduit clamps. Attach them with 1 1/4” one hole conduit straps. I bought a $20 battery tray from Jegs.com.
Thank you for the help. Do you have any photos of your work?

K

KeithinLouisiana

Oct 6, 2019
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Pulled my camper home and put the P700 in the backyard first week of January. Mississippi River now below flood stage so the fifth wheel is back at camp. After sitting almost 6 months the P700 Is now happy again running the roads at the camp. Pulled the cover off and hit the key. 5 seconds later it was running great. Didn’t even need to charge the battery. Love the 700. Great reliability.

P

Pedpole

Apr 12, 2020
UP
Ownership

1. 700-4
Today I installed a KFI winch mounting plate and Badlands ZXR winch and changed the cable to a synthetic rope. Also installed a Crossroads SXS switch plate but quit when I got to the wiring because I am second guessing myself On how to do it. My plan was to wire. + busbar from the battery then run the + from the winch to the bus bar and also power stinger solenoid from the bus bar. The second lead from the stinger would power a separate fuse panel which I would power the winch switch from along with a usb charger both on separate fuses. The stinger would get power from the key on harness from the club store which connects to the cigarette lighter.
Why I am second guessing myself is the supplied winch switch has 3 wires black, blue and red which I assume is the keyon power since there isn’t an end on it. I don’t know how to wire the 7 pin switch I purchased for this. Also I am confused on the fuse panel because it looks like for each circuit you wire a + on one side of the fuse and - on the other.
In the future I may add a second battery but for now will run one but would like to set it up so I am ready to add the second battery.
Looking for some input on wiring this up so it is done correctly.
Today I installed a KFI winch mounting plate and Badlands ZXR winch and changed the cable to a synthetic rope. Also installed a Crossroads SXS switch plate but quit when I got to the wiring because I am second guessing myself On how to do it. My plan was to wire. + busbar from the battery then run the + from the winch to the bus bar and also power stinger solenoid from the bus bar. The second lead from the stinger would power a separate fuse panel which I would power the winch switch from along with a usb charger both on separate fuses. The stinger would get power from the key on harness from the club store which connects to the cigarette lighter.
Why I am second guessing myself is the supplied winch switch has 3 wires black, blue and red which I assume is the keyon power since there isn’t an end on it. I don’t know how to wire the 7 pin switch I purchased for this. Also I am confused on the fuse panel because it looks like for each circuit you wire a + on one side of the fuse and - on the other.
In the future I may add a second battery but for now will run one but would like to set it up so I am ready to add the second battery.
Looking for some input on wiring this up so it is done correctly.

B64756C2 92BE 4047 BA8C E995FE04B66F

18323B6E AE0B 40C1 8C29 634FD60CC33D

1B6CF3F2 4950 41CF B8C5 0FC03BB4F4B7

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I finished up my winch install.
I don't like having the contacter "live" day in and day out. Especially with a wireless remote (which I don't have this time), so I usually run a switch to the contacter, tapped off the power port. I installed that this evening.

20200705 220154

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!