P1000m5 What did you do with your Pioneer 1000 today?

ProudDadOf5

ProudDadOf5

It all started with “Hold My Beer”
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2019
Winfield, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I was down at camp this weekend. Checking a camera around noon Saturday.

Thanks back at you and good luck.

Hopefully you got some good pics @SWB.. Nothing hits you in the gut worse than when you go check them after about 2 weeks and you don’t have any.. :mad::mad: Makes me wonder what I’m doing wrong sometimes ;)

Reactions: Biteme and SWB
ProudDadOf5

ProudDadOf5

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2019
Winfield, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I had some good pics during summer. My last pull wasn't much. But, they will be there when temps start to change. Hopefully that happens before Christmas. Lol

Oh my aren’t you speaking the truth.. Seems like it’s been in the 90’s for three months straight here in #WV .. This drought has been very tough for sure.. That temp drops and rut starts they’ll be moving looking for food mates, lol!! :D

Lilred500

Lilred500

Keep it on the rubber side
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2019
Wv
Ownership

1. 500
I second the drought the creeks down here are dry and the mud holes are powder. Hopefully we get some rain soon if not we’re in trouble the deer look poor as hell here.

ProudDadOf5

ProudDadOf5

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2019
Winfield, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I second the drought the creeks down here are dry and the mud holes are powder. Hopefully we get some rain soon if not we’re in trouble the deer look poor as hell here.

Dude, I noticed that in the next pic after the rack pic, the ribs were showing on the buck... I was keeping that to myself but now it seems like it’s impacting at least SE portion of the state... :(

Lilred500

Lilred500

Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2019
Wv
Ownership

1. 500
Had a 4 point walk down the driveway last week he looked like he was starved to death. Waiting for cwd to break loose again sure hope it doesn’t.

ProudDadOf5

ProudDadOf5

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2019
Winfield, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Had a 4 point walk down the driveway last week he looked like he was starved to death. Waiting for cwd to break loose again sure hope it doesn’t.

Rowdy dude, same here for both our sakes... CWD is nasty s***!

Reactions: Biteme
Lilred500

Lilred500

Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2019
Wv
Ownership

1. 500
I sure hope not I know when it hit a few years back I found dead deer left and right. Haven’t really hunted much since due to work and well just not having a place to hunt lol

ProudDadOf5

ProudDadOf5

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2019
Winfield, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I sure hope not I know when it hit a few years back I found dead deer left and right. Haven’t really hunted much since due to work and well just not having a place to hunt lol

Lets see if we cant change the fact you have no where to hunt.. I cant help the work situation tho, ;).. Check out this site for public hunting land.. Hopefully there is something close to you..

DNR Hunting, Trapping & Fishing Map

Lilred500

Lilred500

Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2019
Wv
Ownership

1. 500
Nothing super close may just set this year out and spend thanksgiving week with the family.

Lilred500

Lilred500

Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2019
Wv
Ownership

1. 500
That is a great plan!! Making memories is what it’s al about brother...;)
I’m not into it like I used to be lol. Working 6 days a week swing shift and not having many deer around kinda make it hard to want to. I’m to addicted to building the p5 at the moment anyways lol

ProudDadOf5

ProudDadOf5

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2019
Winfield, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I’m not into it like I used to be lol. Working 6 days a week swing shift and not having many deer around kinda make it hard to want to. I’m to addicted to building the p5 at the moment anyways lol

Isn’t that the truth. If only my pockets were as deep as my dreams, lol..

ProudDadOf5

ProudDadOf5

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2019
Winfield, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Yeah man! Wish my pockets would fill themselves lol

Yeah, wish in one hand and sht in the other.. We gotta work hard for what we have bubba!! :cool:

Reactions: Biteme
ProudDadOf5

ProudDadOf5

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2019
Winfield, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I'm not as mad at deer as I use to be either. But, I still spend a lot of time hunting.

Yessir, I'm with you 100% on that @SWB.. A bad day in the woods beats a great day at work anytime!! Especially when I have my kids with me where they learn to hunt, track, etc. and most importantly Bow and Gun safety!! :):)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!