Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Made a quick and economical bed mat....
All done except for cutting reliefs for the front tie down hooks. The CATS came on so I had to sit down and cheer for a bit!

Cf92956f637cb10eda955f69a1fa58ba
B31e3ffbf93166e08762158ce57c62a4

Great minds think alike! This is the best pic I could find of the same thing. I've been wanting to take it out and glue a sheet of fabric on the bottom side to keep it together better. Maybe One day.

0def7485314e241a8b9f7971d3c6e8d3

" jak9922" lmfao grilling hotdogs on a stick over an open popo hahahahaha

sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
Great minds think alike! This is the best pic I could find of the same thing. I've been wanting to take it out and glue a sheet of fabric on the bottom side to keep it together better. Maybe One day.

0def7485314e241a8b9f7971d3c6e8d3

I want your lift!!!! How much ceiling height is required for that one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DGann
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I want your lift!!!! How much ceiling height is required for that one?

Thank you.

I think 11' with out the extension. You're can lift higher with it obviously.

It was $1495 new at GregSmithEquipment. It's not a commercial model but it's been lifting vehicles for several years now with out trouble. 9k capacity.

2939cf7bd0eebfa781e2589b3635dd39

sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
Sweet! Good price too! What height is your ceiling? Looks like it gives you plenty room to do oil changes, brake jobs, etc.? My ceiling height is about 11ft exactly. I wondered if I could do a lift that would allow me to get under my truck.

Reactions: DGann
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Sweet! Good price too! What height is your ceiling? Looks like it gives you plenty room to do oil changes, brake jobs, etc.? My ceiling height is about 11ft exactly. I wondered if I could do a lift that would allow me to get under my truck.

I used the extensions so it's close to 12'. To be able to easily stand straight up depends on the vehicle. My truck hits the upper limit switch and I'm close to bumping my head and I'm 6'. If you lift a sedan all the way up, you couldn't reach the drain plug!

Reactions: Eltobgi and DGann
sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
Slapped together a little divider for the bed. My goal is to be able to toss it in the bed when we go riding and have a compartment for the things we take along every time to sit in. And, for those things to stay put and not slide around without straps. I've got this roughed out so far. It works but it is UGLY HAHA! I am going to take it out soon and use the parts I wanna keep for a template and get rid of /change a few items, then slap a little paint on it. Works for today tho.....
0a8bce2a5e8d5f9a66b1660d97fab22c

advertisement
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Slapped together a little divider for the bed. My goal is to be able to toss it in the bed when we go riding and have a compartment for the things we take along every time to sit in. And, for those things to stay put and not slide around without straps. I've got this roughed out so far. It works but it is UGLY HAHA! I am going to take it out soon and use the parts I wanna keep for a template and get rid of /change a few items, then slap a little paint on it. Works for today tho.....
0a8bce2a5e8d5f9a66b1660d97fab22c

That's a great idea. Who cares what it looks like. What you've made a simple, cheap, and most important functional.

Screw some hooks into the wood on each side of the items so you can stretch one bungee cord over the top of each item. I may copy you, thanks for posting.

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
got my wheels put on yesterday and snorkled the airbox. Also fixed my damaged skid plate and put a gorilla axle on where my OEM one broke.
IMG 67141
IMG 67321

1911Man

Mar 7, 2017
S.E. Texas
Ownership

1. 700-2
My LED's finally showed up. I found a Pelican box at Wally-world to use as a water resistant (after I drilled some holes) junction box. I mounted three terminal strips in it, Always hot (+), Key switched hot, and Negative. I used the power plug to energize a relay to turn an always hot into a source for the key switched hot. I wired another relay coil to a switch that is sourced by the keyed hot, but the common has an always hot powering it and heavier wire. That way my LED's are drawing off the battery through larger wires but I still go black when the key is off. It's really tight under my hood now. I mounted the box to the radiator shroud / fan guard. It shouldn't get too hot because the shroud is plastic and there's quite an air gap between it and the radiator.

Got my waterproof speakers mounted. I found some heavy rubber matting and I'm considering making my own fender flares. The new Kendas sling mud all over the place. I also bought some Honda roof mounting clips and reworked my windshield. It used to squeak when I was on a real bumpy trail. It's quieter. I put a piece of thin rubber mat between my seat and the bed to cut down on dust. The leftover mat I cut to make a no-slip bed mat. It's not really thick enough to last long, but it beats nothing. When it's not raining, I'll post some new pictures.

Anybody know any tricks for getting clay and pine straw out of my skid plates and A-arm guards before it turns to brick? I have a well and really low water pressure and it seems that only pressure and volume are the enemies of the clay.

USMCsilver

USMCsilver

Mar 15, 2017
US
Ownership

1. 700-4
Anybody know any tricks for getting clay and pine straw out of my skid plates and A-arm guards before it turns to brick? I have a well and really low water pressure and it seems that only pressure and volume are the enemies of the clay.

Go get a can of silicone spray. Soak your A-arm guards down before a ride, and the clay will likely not adhere as well. Should make clean-up easier.

Reactions: Delton and joeymt33
USMCsilver

USMCsilver

Mar 15, 2017
US
Ownership

1. 700-4
Winch on Wednesday.

4bf38b76b182f91af2f21e6dbf6629a2.jpg

Rear cup holders and various frame plugs on Thursday. (No pics.)

Mounted speaker tonight, and modified a ROPS clamp to mount a bed light. (No ROPS pic yet.)

8535f8c7cd5ce7961b6aa62acdcf2ebb.jpg

Temporary speaker coming down once the power is run.

UPS/USPS keeps trucking stuff in.

Sent via TapaTalk on S7 Edge.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!