What happens when you don't change your oil.

sandbaja

sandbaja

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 2, 2021
San Diego, CA
Ownership

1. Talon R LV

2. Talon X4 LV
o_O Wow, just simply wow. Post #13

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Honestly, it looks like something else has been dumped in the crankcase. It's not nearly dark enough. Almost looks like some of that stop-leak for radiators.

We did have a lady that went 10,000 miles or so back in the day. It was in a Ford truck with a 300-6, so it probably is still going.

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
Honestly, it looks like something else has been dumped in the crankcase. It's not nearly dark enough. Almost looks like some of that stop-leak for radiators.

We did have a lady that went 10,000 miles or so back in the day. It was in a Ford truck with a 300-6, so it probably is still going.

I think 10,000 miles is the recommended change interval on amsoil.

Not out of the ordinary at all.

I’ve seen the sludge from 40k and 60k interval oil changes.
Basically thick scum floating on the oil in the pan. (Drain it cold and it plugs the pickup tube)

Not anything like the jello that video shows.
(Guessing its a YouTube special)

H

HondaTech

I think 10,000 miles is the recommended change interval on amsoil.

Not out of the ordinary at all.

I’ve seen the sludge from 40k and 60k interval oil changes.
Basically thick scum floating on the oil in the pan. (Drain it cold and it plugs the pickup tube)

Not anything like the jello that video shows.
(Guessing its a YouTube special)

The problem with extending drain intervals is most vehicles dont get driven long enough to burn off excess fuel and moisture in the oil. This is the commom issue with direct injection engines. They dilute the oil and it is no longer doing its job.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
o_O Wow, just simply wow. Post #13
Calling BS on that vid, as for as it simply being old oil. It surely looked 'staged'.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

An ol Camry I bought years ago wrecked in both ends I had fixed up and only 500 in that car. Did oil change on it when first started driving. I drove it for 5 years probably 100k or more without ever checking oil. Did oil change maybe 1/2 way through. Didn’t really care if it blew up was in it so cheap.
Sold it for 800 to my wife’s friend and told her she needed an oil change that I never really did it. When she brought it in they said they had to add new stuff and fire it up to mix with the old to get it all out. Ran for a few years after that as far as I’m aware of. f***ing Toyota😉

sandbaja

sandbaja

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 2, 2021
San Diego, CA
Ownership

1. Talon R LV

2. Talon X4 LV
Yes, I agree, there were several oddities about the clip. Filter cover looked brand new, gelatinous oil almost like grease, oil did not look that dark. Strong possibility that it was staged or created for video effect or someone really was a darwin candidate and poured cr@p into the engine.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!