P1000 What mod/accessory do you love most on your pioneer?

VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Replacing the factory shocks is well worth the money! You won’t regret it! I think it will jump to the top of your list as a favorite mod.
I'm sure it would as well! A smoother ride would be nice, but I remind myself it's still a 4wheeler/off road vehicle not a Cadillac. Has anyone only changed the front shocks? I believe that would be a huge improvement by itself. I would think that would help more than the rear by their self.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
While not the most "prettiest" of the mods, id say my favorite is rocksliders. They have proved themselves over and over again. Ive drug and rubbed that machine against any obstacle i could think of with zero damage to frame/machine.
1209181902 640x480

VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
While not the most "prettiest" of the mods, id say my favorite is rocksliders. They have proved themselves over and over again. Ive drug and rubbed that machine against any obstacle i could think of with zero damage to frame/machine.View attachment 98266
Very nice! After 1st purchasing I wasnt sure if that would be a good add on or not since it has metal tubing as a rocker panel anyway......
Which I have already dented and caused my floorboard to bulge a small amount, so I already saw they would be good! Do they bolt on to factory existing holes? How far do they stick out on your machine?

Cal

Cal

Apr 15, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
While not the most "prettiest" of the mods, id say my favorite is rocksliders. They have proved themselves over and over again. Ive drug and rubbed that machine against any obstacle i could think of with zero damage to frame/machine.View attachment 98266
Yes, where did you get those? Are they purchased or custom made?

Reactions: Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Very nice! After 1st purchasing I wasnt sure if that would be a good add on or not since it has metal tubing as a rocker panel anyway......
Which I have already dented and caused my floorboard to bulge a small amount, so I already saw they would be good! Do they bolt on to factory existing holes? How far do they stick out on your machine?
You have to drill holes. Up front and middle are bolted to tube subframe. At rear its bolted to square horizontal frame and supported/bolted to angled frame. I havent sustained any more damage to subframe since installing. As for how far it sticks out, id say 1/2" or so from rear tires maybe. I have spacers so that ate some of it.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes, where did you get those? Are they purchased or custom made?
Made these myself. Totally stole idea of how they mount at rear frim @Windrock1000 lol. Way too bulky to ship but if youre in vicinity of middle tn, i can hook you up

Reactions: Windrock1000
VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Made these myself. Totally stole idea of how they mount at rear frim @Windrock1000 lol. Way too bulky to ship but if youre in vicinity of middle tn, i can hook you up
They look good for homeade! I believe I've saw some for sale somewhere, cant remember though

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They look good for homeade! I believe I've saw some for sale somewhere, cant remember though
Not sure how to take that "for homemade' comment but whatever lol. Bear in mind these have been beat on for couple thousand miles. I assure you the aesthetics and build quality are equal or better than any aftermarkets youll find for sale.
Cody Madore of 128 Fabs sells a good looking set. And he has business accts that let him ship fairly cheap.

Reactions: trigger
advertisement
VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have pic and video of every 1k mark ive reached. Hit 4k mile mark during takeover last year driving down trail 10 lol. At 5500+ now
That's a good idea I may have to copy! What problems have you had with the machine so far w those miles?

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's a good idea I may have to copy! What problems have you had with the machine so far w those miles?
Replaced both rear wheel bearings (normal wear/tear imo), it overheated on me once for no reason. I straightwired it and ran rest of weekend lol. Ive since unhooked wires and using ecm to control with no problems. I have a cure for that but havent had time to complete. Steering wheel not centered from dealer, couple loose bolts, and thats it. Got some Delton damage that wasnt machines fault. Ripped off upper control arm mount and 2 tie rods. For that kinda mileage and trails i ride, im extremely happy with it

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone can do an accessory, that's easy sh**. A mod is far more difficult and satisfying because it is homemade, you actually have to think about it.
Theyre all cool machines regardless. Anyone that spends time/money to make that machine his/hers is deserving of respect. Me, im living the friggin dream cause it combines 2 of my favorite hobbies lol.

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Next time we ride i gotta have a ride in that. I think my butt is desensitized (prison life yo!) Cause im still happy with that stock 16 bench. Dont mean i aint looking for options though

Once you go bucket you can’t go back!

Reactions: Delton
alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
I would like to get a "tip tray" like they sell in New Zealand for my P500, Pioneer 500 ATV | Honda Motorcycles NZ and strongly trying to figure out how to get a plastic dump bed from a golf cart or carry all group...

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!