P1000 What mod/accessory do you love most on your pioneer?

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm sure it would as well! A smoother ride would be nice, but I remind myself it's still a 4wheeler/off road vehicle not a Cadillac. Has anyone only changed the front shocks? I believe that would be a huge improvement by itself. I would think that would help more than the rear by their self.

I changed the fronts to Fox and left the rear load leveling shocks in for 1 ride. I never liked the rear end chatter of the load leveling shocks and it only got worse when the front end could absorb bumps. I don't miss my stock shocks

VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I changed the fronts to Fox and left the rear load leveling shocks in for 1 ride. I never liked the rear end chatter of the load leveling shocks and it only got worse when the front end could absorb bumps. I don't miss my stock shocks
Ok that's good to know, I would have done the same thing! Then it just highlights how bad the stock shocks are huh?

VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Replaced both rear wheel bearings (normal wear/tear imo), it overheated on me once for no reason. I straightwired it and ran rest of weekend lol. Ive since unhooked wires and using ecm to control with no problems. I have a cure for that but havent had time to complete. Steering wheel not centered from dealer, couple loose bolts, and thats it. Got some Delton damage that wasnt machines fault. Ripped off upper control arm mount and 2 tie rods. For that kinda mileage and trails i ride, im extremely happy with it
Yea that doesnt sound bad at all to me. (Normal honda) I came from Suzuki 500 quadrunner which was an amazing engine 7000+miles never turned a bolt on the engine. But EVERYTHING else on the 4wheeler was replaced front & rear complete diffs, CV joints, all ball joints yearly. Broke frame several times, rear drum brakes were never waterproof it was poorly designed machine. So I'm looking forward to a honda thank can take the abuse and wear n tear

Reactions: Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yea that doesnt sound bad at all to me. (Normal honda) I came from Suzuki 500 quadrunner which was an amazing engine 7000+miles never turned a bolt on the engine. But EVERYTHING else on the 4wheeler was replaced front & rear complete diffs, CV joints, all ball joints yearly. Broke frame several times, rear drum brakes were never waterproof it was poorly designed machine. So I'm looking forward to a honda thank can take the abuse and wear n tear
It has honestly held up well. It doesnt help that i ride with guys that have bigger balls than me lol. But ive never backed down from an obstacle yet. Well, except for slate rock. That sucker is straight up. Nobody else in that group tried it either. Its one of those "if something goes wrong you better be right with Jesus" type deals.

Reactions: Tigermark and lee
VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It has honestly held up well. It doesnt help that i ride with guys that have bigger balls than me lol. But ive never backed down from an obstacle yet. Well, except for slate rock. That sucker is straight up. Nobody else in that group tried it either. Its one of those "if something goes wrong you better be right with Jesus" type deals.
I figured they would be almost bullet proof and would go alot more miles than a 4wheeler. I hope anyway and be more comfortable and practical doing it! Haha not many ppl would say who they ride with have bigger balls than them, that's pretty good to admit that. What other kinda rides are you riding with??

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I figured they would be almost bullet proof and would go alot more miles than a 4wheeler. I hope anyway and be more comfortable and practical doing it! Haha not many ppl would say who they ride with have bigger balls than them, that's pretty good to admit that. What other kinda rides are you riding with??
I mostly ride with guys on here. Im first to admit some trails gets the ole heart pounding and desth grip on the wheel. But thats the attraction for me. Adrenalin junkie thats me. This coming may at takeover i plan to go up widowmaker (ive been down it) and hells canyon. Hells is no joke. Lots of vids on youtube. Like i said, just cause it scares me, dont mean i wont do it lol.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I mostly ride with guys on here. Im first to admit some trails gets the ole heart pounding and desth grip on the wheel. But thats the attraction for me. Adrenalin junkie thats me. This coming may at takeover i plan to go up widowmaker (ive been down it) and hells canyon. Hells is no joke. Lots of vids on youtube. Like i said, just cause it scares me, dont mean i wont do it lol.
I want to ride with you guys next Take Over!

advertisement
VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sounds good man, if it ain't exciting you might as well hang it up! So you mostly riding with pioneers? Are there several members here from middle tn?

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just ordered 12 off this site. They had a $4 off coupon for first time orders, and a $10 off for using PayPal. The total with shipping was $20. Don't know how long the discounts will last so get them while you can:)
Nice score man. I always buy stuff right before it goes on sale lol

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sounds good man, if it ain't exciting you might as well hang it up! So you mostly riding with pioneers? Are there several members here from middle tn?
Quite a few. We had a ride couple years ago with a dozen machines.

VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Quite a few. We had a ride couple years ago with a dozen machines.
That's cool, think I would enjoy that! May have to make the trip out to takeover this year and give it a shot and see what its all about!

VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just ordered 12 off this site. They had a $4 off coupon for first time orders, and a $10 off for using PayPal. The total with shipping was $20. Don't know how long the discounts will last so get them while you can:)
Helluva good deal! We will see how they do in 19-39 days (estimated shipping time) when they finally get here, it's one of them things that takes so long I will have forgotten I ever ordered it.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's cool, think I would enjoy that! May have to make the trip out to takeover this year and give it a shot and see what its all about!
Man you should. Its every bit as good as it sounds. Best ride of the entire year in my opinion.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!