P1000 What mod/accessory do you love most on your pioneer?

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok that's good to know. I'm not doing much rock crawling but mostly woods riding around home, so this is a down south/swamp &sand setup as you said. It is a sweet looking machine btw! I am continually amazed at how big a tires I hear about people running on these machines. I feel mine has adequate power but nowhere near enough to spare to run say 33's or even 30's. It just seems like it would always be lugging and changing gears unless you had a gear reduction
They pull 30s just fine offroad. At least around here they do. I climbed a 53 degree grade of dead leaves/mud with no problem. Til i hit bunch of wet roots that is lol. Then it was winch time.

VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I
Plan on coming. Bring wife n kids. Alot of kids will be there. We got a "no kids" trip planned to hells canyon (google it) at tackett creek. Its little on wild side but nothing too stupid. Dragons back is awesome too. And the widowmaker. Widowmaker was rough going down so cant wait to try it going up lol.
Been watching vids all evening on hells canyon, tackett creek and windrock looks awesome, my kinda riding right there! I'm pumped up about it ready to go now!

Reactions: Delton
mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
At this point, I think it'd have to be the Concours Specialties switch panel.

IMG 3627

Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Im thinking of buying this windshield for mine. I have the factory Honda roof. How is the gap between the top of the windshield, and the roof. Does it keep the wind/rain from coming in?
Some wind gets thru but I havent noticed rain, but I dont drive on roads or very fast. Some have used pool noodles or pipe insulation to seal it up better.

VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reactions: Mudwing
H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I take my Suzuki 70 on long remote solo rides. Anything can break and you can always knock a wheel off especially at high speed. It would suck to climb up a 1000 foot hill and find out you still don't have cell phone coverage. My Polaris and Yamaha side by sides broke a lot.

VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I take my Suzuki 70 on long remote solo rides. Anything can break and you can always knock a wheel off especially at high speed. It would suck to climb up a 1000 foot hill and find out you still don't have cell phone coverage. My Polaris and Yamaha side by sides broke a lot.
That would definitely suck! And that doesnt say much about the Yamaha and popo. So are you die hard honda for life now with that many miles and still holding up so good?

D

Damian

Jan 6, 2018
Independence KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Helluva good deal! We will see how they do in 19-39 days (estimated shipping time) when they finally get here, it's one of them things that takes so long I will have forgotten I ever ordered it.
Just put those push buttons on, and they are great. Thanks for the info on the website.

Door1 Door2

Reactions: VaHillbilly
advertisement
Johnny_C

Johnny_C

Nov 19, 2015
Western N. Carolina
I added a PDM, aux battery, winch, dome lights, front cubes & light bar, rear bed/back up light, bilge blower, & plow, etc. It's all been great,
but the sweetest mod was by far the simplest. I cut this guide off of the shift gate. It makes it so much easier to shift, especially when plowing snow. If you do lots shifting, this is the bomb.

8ww013

Reactions: VaHillbilly
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I already couldn't say enough good things about my pioneer, but here's one more reason! To love this thing. Its is an absolute beast when pushing snow! I will try to add a video I took of pushing 18" of snow with no problem at all!
The 108 octane additive to the fuel that increased hp and speed by 20%. :D

VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I added a PDM, aux battery, winch, dome lights, front cubes & light bar, rear bed/back up light, bilge blower, & plow, etc. It's all been great,
but the sweetest mod was by far the simplest. I cut this guide off of the shift gate. It makes it so much easier to shift, especially when plowing snow. If you do lots shifting, this is the bomb.

View attachment 101740
This is a good idea, I noticed something needed doing when I was out pushing also, just hadn't thought anymore about it. I see why everyone loves this site R&D
RIP off & duplicate! Someone else can cut up there machine and let you know how not to do it lol good idea! Thanks

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Damien I was good with my 4 per side til I saw your 6 and I think it looks much cleaner and neater. Are all 6 easy to push and come on /off? I used vice grips to screw the stud in and roughed up the ball part, wondering if that messed me up. I sanded them a little and put grease in the latch but still have to use two hands one to push n pull the panel and the other to press the latch pretty hard not satisfied with it that way

20190109 223451 20190109 223456

D

Damian

Jan 6, 2018
Independence KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Very

Very Nice this looks nice and clean, and I like the dark blue! How much stud do you have sticking out? Mine came in Monday, I finished it up today, well one side but they aren't very smooth acting
Maybe 3/8 inch. I agree they aren't very smooth, but the curve of the panel and the terrible fit that Honda did on these panels doesn't help. I think it's going to take a little adjusting to get them to operate smoothly, but I do think they are great.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!