P1000 What mod/accessory do you love most on your pioneer?

VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Man you should. Its every bit as good as it sounds. Best ride of the entire year in my opinion.
Sounds good! It's a weekend long correct? Is it just a big free for all, or are people tryn to organize rides and groups and plan routes? How much riding is there?

Reactions: Delton
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sounds good! It's a weekend long correct? Is it just a big free for all, or are people tryn to organize rides and groups and plan routes? How much riding is there?

I'm not driving 1600 miles round trip to sit in a cabin. I'll be out riding as much as possible

Reactions: lee and NTCPrezJB
D

Damian

Jan 6, 2018
Independence KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Helluva good deal! We will see how they do in 19-39 days (estimated shipping time) when they finally get here, it's one of them things that takes so long I will have forgotten I ever ordered it.
Yup, I figure when they get here I'll have to try and remember why I ordered them.:)

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes weekend long however some members are there for a week or longer. Therell be organized group rides or ride whenever you want. Trust me, you wont have any trouble finding somebody to ride with lol. I had planned on riding with a group last year but ended up meeting some first timers at hotel. So i lead them on a ride. Ive got a lifetime trails gps now so going places is no problem. Love meeting new people. This will be my 4th takeover.

VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm not driving 1600 miles round trip to sit in a cabin. I'll be out riding as much as possible
Dang that's along trip! How long does it take to drive that? Where you coming from?

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dang that's along trip! How long does it take to drive that? Where you coming from?
Middle of Wisconsin. I'd guess 11 hours each way maybe closer to 12. We are going to stop along the way. It'll be a 5 day adventure

VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes weekend long however some members are there for a week or longer. Therell be organized group rides or ride whenever you want. Trust me, you wont have any trouble finding somebody to ride with lol. I had planned on riding with a group last year but ended up meeting some first timers at hotel. So i lead them on a ride. Ive got a lifetime trails gps now so going places is no problem. Love meeting new people. This will be my 4th takeover.
That's what I was hoping for to have plenty of peeps to ride with and maybe someone show me around some good trails. Sounds like a good time man

VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Middle of Wisconsin. I'd guess 11 hours each way maybe closer to 12. We are going to stop along the way. It'll be a 5 day adventure
Dang that's a haul right there. I was thinking 4 hours for me would be a long trip, no room for me to complain.

rlutech

rlutech

Jan 18, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Superatv flip out windshield. It's been great when hunting in the cold and rain. No more water from the roof running onto the dash when you stop.
Im thinking of buying this windshield for mine. I have the factory Honda roof. How is the gap between the top of the windshield, and the roof. Does it keep the wind/rain from coming in?

advertisement
SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Dang that's alot wider! How much did you lose on top end? And is everything seem better/easier on the machine with the reduction?
I guess and estimate about a 17 mph reduction with Portals and 30" tires. If I went with 33" tires it would be less noticeable but....I can't go any higher, no Rino axles available for LE Pioneers and that limits me to 30" tires.

Things do not seem easier on the machine, they actually feel harder with a loss of turning radius and the very knobby wheels. I have a stock (other than I put the LE wheels and tires on it) 2018 and it's like jumping into a golf cart!

That said, I love the performance I get out in the mud and sand with the set up! I can power through mud and deep water and handle sand like no other! The guys with 33" to 42" tractor tires suck wind in the sand!

Obviously this machine would not be ideal in a tight woods situation or hard core rock crawling.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's what I was hoping for to have plenty of peeps to ride with and maybe someone show me around some good trails. Sounds like a good time man
Plan on coming. Bring wife n kids. Alot of kids will be there. We got a "no kids" trip planned to hells canyon (google it) at tackett creek. Its little on wild side but nothing too stupid. Dragons back is awesome too. And the widowmaker. Widowmaker was rough going down so cant wait to try it going up lol.

VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I guess and estimate about a 17 mph reduction with Portals and 30" tires. If I went with 33" tires it would be less noticeable but....I can't go any higher, no Rino axles available for LE Pioneers and that limits me to 30" tires.

Things do not seem easier on the machine, they actually feel harder with a loss of turning radius and the very knobby wheels. I have a stock (other than I put the LE wheels and tires on it) 2018 and it's like jumping into a golf cart!

That said, I love the performance I get out in the mud and sand with the set up! I can power through mud and deep water and handle sand like no other! The guys with 33" to 42" tractor tires suck wind in the sand!

Obviously this machine would not be ideal in a tight woods situation or hard core rock crawling.
Ok that's good to know. I'm not doing much rock crawling but mostly woods riding around home, so this is a down south/swamp &sand setup as you said. It is a sweet looking machine btw! I am continually amazed at how big a tires I hear about people running on these machines. I feel mine has adequate power but nowhere near enough to spare to run say 33's or even 30's. It just seems like it would always be lugging and changing gears unless you had a gear reduction

VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Plan on coming. Bring wife n kids. Alot of kids will be there. We got a "no kids" trip planned to hells canyon (google it) at tackett creek. Its little on wild side but nothing too stupid. Dragons back is awesome too. And the widowmaker. Widowmaker was rough going down so cant wait to try it going up lol.
That sounds pretty sweet man, we will try an do that! And the no kids rides are always fun too, keep things exciting and a little hairy! We are planning one of those new year day to W.V. how much riding would you say there is? Like if you rode hard you could see it all in 2,3,5days?

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That sounds pretty sweet man, we will try an do that! And the no kids rides are always fun too, keep things exciting and a little hairy! We are planning one of those new year day to W.V. how much riding would you say there is? Like if you rode hard you could see it all in 2,3,5days?
Its huge. Doubt 5 days would be enough no matter how many hrs a day you rode.

VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Its huge. Doubt 5 days would be enough no matter how many hrs a day you rode.
Ah ok that sounds awesome! I've looked up lots of new places I might like to go try, but they end up having like 30-40 miles of trails which isnt worth a several hours drive to me

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ah ok that sounds awesome! I've looked up lots of new places I might like to go try, but they end up having like 30-40 miles of trails which isnt worth a several hours drive to me
When you add in Windrock, Tackett, and Primroy, youre looking at several hundred miles

VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When you add in Windrock, Tackett, and Primroy, youre looking at several hundred miles
That's awesome and you can ride from one to another on trails? So theres no loading up and hauling?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!