Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One thing about Takeover is you get to see a lot of other machines and ride along with them on the trails... this usually results in many members walking away with a list of To Do’s for the next year.

After this Takeover what are your have to, going to, want to - do items.

For me - I am pretty happy with where I have my rig - I do anticipate having to get new tires by the end of the year so I was watching performance on the trail.
I need to lighten my load by reducing even further what I carry.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
SATV ball joints on the way. Also ordered Talon tie rods to retrofit if they will. Heims in the front upper and lower SATV arms with 2 mounts up top vs the long bolt. Finish the flatbed. Try not to wait till 3 days before Takeover to get my rig in the shop to get it ready haha.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
SATV ball joints on the way. Also ordered Talon tie rods to retrofit if they will. Heims in the front upper and lower SATV arms with 2 mounts up top vs the long bolt. Finish the flatbed. Try not to wait till 3 days before Takeover to get my rig in the shop to get it ready haha.
I am definitely adding a left and right tie rod end to the spare parts - probably not carry when in a park but on trips like Tackett will make sure a pair is in the group.

J

JTW

As for changes.. I’m pretty happy with mine. Need to figure out the rear axle issue a little deeper and might do some suspension tweaking with different springs. I’m still on the fence about a custom cage and the IGR. Have some new rubber mat material to replace the mud busters. And I may add a little more distance light to the front bumper. Only other thing is the sound system.. maaaay have to go with a wet sounds and sub.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
My list for next years Takeover

1- sell/ trade in 3seater for a Wolverine
2 - update 5seater
Fox shocks
Mudbusters
Underdash storage
2 way radio
Power commander/ auto tune
Rear winch
Harness system
Fire extinguishers
3- Hammock system for trail side camping
Pretty sure the 3 seater fox shocks might be better for a 5 unless your hauling a lot.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Re wire everything. I want all my switches on one panel so I can regain the cubbyhole beneath the switch panel.

Been thinking about making some rock sliders/tree kickers

Extend a arms and remove the wheel spacers is on the list but it has been put off because it would require four new axles

Remove factory thermostat and put in my own in line thermostat for summer riding.

Figure out a way to do an inside the roll cage mounting points for the soft top. I get tired of breaking it loose rubbing the ground and trees.

Change out the LEDs in the stock headlights for amber that I hope would be better for rainy and foggy conditions.

J

JTW

Re wire everything. I want all my switches on one panel so I can regain the cubbyhole beneath the switch panel.

Been thinking about making some rock sliders/tree kickers

Extend a arms and remove the wheel spacers is on the list but it has been put off because it would require four new axles

Remove factory thermostat and put in my own in line thermostat for summer riding.

Figure out a way to do an inside the roll cage mounting points for the soft top. I get tired of breaking it loose rubbing the ground and trees.

Change out the LEDs in the stock headlights for amber that I hope would be better for rainy and foggy conditions.
After seeing the tree kickers hang on some of hat stuff at Tackett I’m undecided on adding them to my angle sliders.. I highly suggest the little phoenix for the money... it’s simple and small and tough!

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
After seeing the tree kickers hang on some of hat stuff at Tackett I’m undecided on adding them to my angle sliders.. I highly suggest the little phoenix for the money... it’s simple and small and tough!

What’s a little Phoenix?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Rewire with Switchpros and a new panel from mystic, better fan underseat with a built in adjustable stat, rework my accessory mounting so weight is lower, another pair of X5 on magnets like @JTW, power commander after seeing the grunt you got right off idle that helped in technical terrain, forced air helmet my boogers are still black from all the dust.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Agreed - I just need to find a local friend that welds or learn how. I brought 12 extra bungee's (cheap ) to replace ones and ran out.

I also want to figure out a cap or something to cover the square metal edge where the back and front cage come together. maybe I'll just grind the edge down as I got hung on a few trees. may try to built a cap out of a 90* pvc elbow.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!