What Mods are on the list after this Takeover

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Pretty sure the 3 seater fox shocks might be better for a 5 unless your hauling a lot.
That’s what I’d like to do, switch the shocks to the 5seater and try it out. I think I would have to replace the 12” spring on the fronts to 14” though.

advertisement
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Go far the 30s and arms if budget allows. And maybe throw in wheel spacers.
Shocks and Tires will eat into the budget as is. Not sure the wife wants to see an additional $600 for arms.
Not quite sure what to do. Will watch ebay for used stuff I think.

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Shocks and Tires will eat into the budget as is. Not sure the wife wants to see an additional $600 for arms.
Not quite sure what to do. Will watch ebay for used stuff I think.
Do you have specific tires in mind? Might look at the one @CumminsPusher is running, there a budget friendly version of Bighorns that work very well.

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
My blue X2 did great at the takeover! Only things I'd like to add are boogerwhips and a soundbar of some sort. I just DUMB when it comes to audio stuff. I was told the shocks on these are good but even at full soft I thought it rode a bit stiff.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you have specific tires in mind? Might look at the one @CumminsPusher is running, there a budget friendly version of Bighorns that work very well.
Currently running 28" Terrabites. I have been happy with them, but wonder if I should swap them out.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Dude I love them! They smoke Bighorns and I was a fan of the BH’s except for sidewall punctures, these don’t have that same issue. Still nearly 100% tread I’ll report back at the end of summer but so far an awesome tire for the money

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have to say I was completely satisfied with my setup, I was thinking about heavier springs in front, and still may but I had my clickers opposite one soft one firm, but for once I thought dam it's as good as it gets, especially having my power commander in correctly, it lugged up every obstacle pretty effortless.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
For the Talon

Tyt radio
Switch Pro( maybe)
Some quality RC lights
Interior light
Rock lites
Full skid plate
I may do a tablet install with @Neohio custom app and then control navigation,sound and all lights with one device.

P1kLE
Replace some of the Amazon cheap LEDs with RC Leds.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That’s what I’d like to do, switch the shocks to the 5seater and try it out. I think I would have to replace the 12” spring on the fronts to 14” though.
I would try them first the spring on the 1000-3 is 225# I believe so if you think those are too light I would try a 250# spring. Might as well test them out as they are first and get a sense of direction on where to go from there.

advertisement
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would try them first the spring on the 1000-3 is 225# I believe so if you think those are too light I would try a 250# spring. Might as well test them out as they are first and get a sense of direction on where to go from there.

I think 250# on the front would be about right. Lighter and you’ll be bottoming or have the spring gone for preload before you even get started.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They told me I would have a big list since it was my first takeover, I’m sorry guys but I’m not changing much on mine. I only have a couple things:
  • Super Atv windshield
  • Shocks
  • New switch plate
  • Radio
  • More lights
  • Dual battery (finish it)
  • Power steering (not needed but nice to have)
  • D-rings for front bumper

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
They told me I would have a big list since it was my first takeover, I’m sorry guys but I’m not changing much on mine. I only have a couple things:
  • Super Atv windshield
  • Shocks
  • New switch plate
  • Radio
  • More lights
  • Dual battery (finish it)
  • Power steering (not needed but nice to have)
  • D-rings for front bumper
;)

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The biggest thing I wish I would have had was a radio to be able to communicate. Aside from that I'll be adding a bilge fan and mounting my high lift on the buggie. Does anyone have a recommendation on the best bang for the buck on a vehicle mounted radio?

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The biggest thing I wish I would have had was a radio to be able to communicate. Aside from that I'll be adding a bilge fan and mounting my high lift on the buggie. Does anyone have a recommendation on the best bang for the buck on a vehicle mounted radio?
You don’t need an expensive one, @GlockMeister posted a link for a Baofeng that I bought for $38 from Amazon. It worked great!!

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Tyt TH-8600 is what a lot of us are running. They work great and I can send you the channel file that almost all of us use. Make sure you get the software and program cable.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Handheld
Baofeng Pofung GT-3TP Mark-III Two-Way Radio Transceiver, Dual Band 136-174/400-520 MHz Power Two-Way Radio https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R7LXR7S/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Vehicle mount
TYT TH-8600 Dual Band Mini Mobile Transceiver IP67 Waterproof Car Radio 2M/70CM 25W Amateur Two Way Radio w/Cable https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F3WXL2V/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!