ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you are riding in a group that stays pretty much on the same trail a Handheld will work fine - The benefits of the mobile is that you do not have to keep charged up as it is always plugged in, use of better antenna - increased power for transmission distance. Several time at Takeover this cam in handy - @ohanacreek and I spoke while he was at Slick rock (headed to DB) and I was at the pilot gas station, Also while on Tackett creek there were several instances of needing to reach farther.

Clear and without static.

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
New A Arms, 30 inch tires, nerf bars, dust screen.

I was really pleased with the capabilities of these rigs. I beat the heck out of my undercarriage in the boulder field below Widowmaker. Stock tires really hurt here.

The cross member stiffeners underneath and the extra crossmember under the oil pan/shifter area really helped.

Was really pleased with the added stability from the wheel spacers and losing the track bar.

Also liking the spring spacer lift. The added preload stopped the bottoming out and it actually seems less harsh than before.

Got to add ball joints and a press of some sort to my tool bag.

Going back to Dragons back and the Sandmines in a few weeks. Hopefully will have some new arms and 30 inch tires ...

Last edited:
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Got the Hillbilly Brake today

Resized 20190511 095848

J

JTW

The HB setup is nice. Still not a fan of how clumsy it is to put on but the auto release is great
Yeah.. that’s the only issue I had with your design I made. Someone jumps in and doesn’t know there’s a brake they can wear on the clutches. But I manipulated it with my feet as well, so no real issue with the manipulation comparatively for me

Reactions: sharp
farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Wise Men Still Seek "Him"
Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Tyt TH-8600 is what a lot of us are running. They work great and I can send you the channel file that almost all of us use. Make sure you get the software and program cable.

Quick question is the channel file the same one that @Ragnar406 posted #79 ???? do You just program radio to correspond to that list, channel with frequency ,,, Thank You,,,,

Reactions: Ragnar406
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Quick question is the channel file the same one that @Ragnar406 posted #79 ???? do You just program radio to correspond to that list, channel with frequency ,,, Thank You,,,,
The software will clone that list, plug and play with cable from a PC.

Reactions: farmtimpioneer
farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The software will clone that list, plug and play with cable from a PC.

OK, Thanks, I have some vhf radios 2meter but this is just outside the uhf or 440mhz band , I will need to get a dual band probably the one everyone seems to be using the TYT 8600 most Ham Radios will not txt off band like that one evidently will,,, Thank You,,,,,

Reactions: Tramguage1
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
OK, Thanks, I have some vhf radios 2meter but this is just outside the uhf or 440mhz band , I will need to get a dual band probably the one everyone seems to be using the TYT 8600 most Ham Radios will not txt off band like that one evidently will,,, Thank You,,,,,
If you do get the tyt radio let me know. I will email the frequency file to you. You will need the program and programing cable. With the file it's a 2 minute upload.

farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If you do get the tyt radio let me know. I will email the frequency file to you. You will need the program and programing cable. With the file it's a 2 minute upload.

Thanks , I went down to Hamilton Oh. today and picked up a TYT TH 8600 WP , I did learn that there is a water proof and not water proof version of the same radio the water proof version model no# ends with WP. Just for everyone info,,,, @Ragnar406 is sending me the link to download file, the radio come with program cable , Thank You,,,,

HondaLo

HondaLo

Formerly Angelo
Lifetime Member
Apr 23, 2019
Harrison michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As for changes.. I’m pretty happy with mine. Need to figure out the rear axle issue a little deeper and might do some suspension tweaking with different springs. I’m still on the fence about a custom cage and the IGR. Have some new rubber mat material to replace the mud busters. And I may add a little more distance light to the front bumper. Only other thing is the sound system.. maaaay have to go with a wet sounds and sub.
What product did you use for mudbuster equivalent?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!