Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If your going to step up to 30s, I’d look at cumminspusher tires and compare cost and ratings with the Terrabites.
I'm not sold on 30's yet. Would mean an additional $600 for a arms.

Thanks I'll ad them to the Amazon cart.
I don't remember how far you are from me, but I can program it for you in minutes.

I had a conversation with the wife about preprogramming handhelds and offering them for sale, but didn't want to put out $3-400 and take them home.

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm not sold on 30's yet. Would mean an additional $600 for a arms.

I don't remember how far you are from me, but I can program it for you in minutes.

I had a conversation with the wife about preprogramming handhelds and offering them for sale, but didn't want to put out $3-400 and take them home.
I'm east of Columbus probably 2 or 2.5 hours south of you if I remember correctly you live right off the lake. I appreciate the offer and if I can't do it I may drive up your way for some help. I'd like to say thanks to all you guys who answer these questions and go above and beyond to help someone. It's really made the pioneer easier to enjoy and kept stress levels at a minimum.

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I'm mostly where I want to be. So far the only real plans are

1) Upgrade to 30's as soon as I install the superatv A-arms that have been out in the garage for a month.
2) Better shocks

And

Maybe find another place to mount my front light bar or replace with a larger one.

Oh yeah, and more storage.

Last edited:
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm east of Columbus probably 2 or 2.5 hours south of you if I remember correctly you live right off the lake. I appreciate the offer and if I can't do it I may drive up your way for some help. I'd like to say thanks to all you guys who answer these questions and go above and beyond to help someone. It's really made the pioneer easier to enjoy and kept stress levels at a minimum.
Yes, 30 miles east of cleveland, 1/2 mile from the lake.

Don't forget you still need an antenna if you go with the TYT.
I run both, it is nice to have a handheld when not in the vehicle.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Eventhough i didnt even listen to music this trip, i got to hear @nbomar system so i will probably add the wetsounds sub to go with the sound bar i already have. Other than that i learned from my first pioneer what i needed and wanted for my second pioneer, so i guess im good to go, for now.

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
To do

1. RB3 steering rack
2. cfab HD tie rods with heims
3. Either replace ball joints with super atv or keller
4. replace all axles with Gorilla, Cobra or Turner I am undecided on which at this point
5. Rerun wiring, it works fine but as I have added stuff over time its not as neat as I want it
6. Replace my old rear shocks with new factory rear shocks (I may have hurt one on the endo)
7. Replace lower right A arm and fix the old one as a spare (bent shock mount when I came down)
8. Add wheel spacers.
9. Replace all heims (Havent done this in 3,000 miles probably time) and install new garage products bushings. I would be interesting in seeing how snuff replaces the upper bolt with heims may do that as well.
10. Work on a little more robust storage rack for the rigid boxes that is quick release
11. Stream line tools such as the ball joint press
12. compact storage solution for spare axles that keeps them from mud and labels them clearly and keeps weight low
13. Rewire my radiator over ride back over ride/ factory (had to wire it simple on off at mulberry and it works until you forget to turn it on)
14. Having a radiator shop build a larger radiator that will fit in factory spot with a aluminum shroud that fits and a much larger spal fan
15. Make a removable top section for where my cage slopes in the back for passengers when it rains.
16. mount for traction mats on roof for moab
17. Make a detachable rear storage section for when kiddos ride at cloud 9
18. Program my gps on the ipad to display trail colors as everyone elses. (Yes ipad and the gps worked with no problems all week)
19. New atlas tool roll with the detachable pouches
20. Power commander maybe, my low end is pretty good already
21. Change retractable harness mounts a bit so bed will open
22. Finish mud busters
23. New 30 inch Bezerkers most likely, Have no issues with tires they just getting a little worn
24. replace brakes
25. Get a second job to afford said changes
26. Rewire noam audio controlled with green LEDs

and...... fix brakes on my international.....

Rebuild spare pioneer engine
Rebuild spare pioneer trans

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
To do

1. RB3 steering rack
2. cfab HD tie rods with heims
3. Either replace ball joints with super atv or keller
4. replace all axles with Gorilla, Cobra or Turner I am undecided on which at this point
5. Rerun wiring, it works fine but as I have added stuff over time its not as neat as I want it
6. Replace my old rear shocks with new factory rear shocks (I may have hurt one on the endo)
7. Replace lower right A arm and fix the old one as a spare (bent shock mount when I came down)
8. Add wheel spacers.
9. Replace all heims (Havent done this in 3,000 miles probably time) and install new garage products bushings. I would be interesting in seeing how snuff replaces the upper bolt with heims may do that as well.
10. Work on a little more robust storage rack for the rigid boxes that is quick release
11. Stream line tools such as the ball joint press
12. compact storage solution for spare axles that keeps them from mud and labels them clearly and keeps weight low
13. Rewire my radiator over ride back over ride/ factory (had to wire it simple on off at mulberry and it works until you forget to turn it on)
14. Having a radiator shop build a larger radiator that will fit in factory spot with a aluminum shroud that fits and a much larger spal fan
15. Make a removable top section for where my cage slopes in the back for passengers when it rains.
16. mount for traction mats on roof for moab
17. Make a detachable rear storage section for when kiddos ride at cloud 9
18. Program my gps on the ipad to display trail colors as everyone elses. (Yes ipad and the gps worked with no problems all week)
19. New atlas tool roll with the detachable pouches
20. Power commander maybe, my low end is pretty good already
21. Change retractable harness mounts a bit so bed will open
22. Finish mud busters
23. New 30 inch Bezerkers most likely, Have no issues with tires they just getting a little worn
24. replace brakes
25. Get a second job to afford said changes
26. Rewire noam audio controlled with green LEDs

and...... fix brakes on my international.....

Rebuild spare pioneer engine
Rebuild spare pioneer trans

Translation....”new pioneer”

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
This is the way to go!! So much better than the handhelds... I’ve had both and this is a waaay better option!
The handhelds is what I was loaning out to people that were taking out group rides.

We had 1 layover and we were onsite with recovery plan within less than a minute. This was all possible because of great radio communications. I was spotting my machine to use the winch and a couple others were hooking up the line and tending to vehicle passengers explaining what we were doing.

Last edited:
Mudslyder

Mudslyder

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2016
Central Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Last edited:
Mudslyder

Mudslyder

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2016
Central Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I live in Johnstown and would be happy to program it for you.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Second the recommendation of a Tyt th 8600 (thanks to @Tramguage1 for the program) and add a Baofeng 8HP handheld for out of the vehicle use (FM radio a plus). Honda ROPS quick clamp works good for mounting Tyt unit. MTX audio pod also a convenient overhead radio/BT solution. Wish I had drilled holes in ROPS to route wires internally at the start.

7DE77285 3568 4E94 B2F2 E0AD1FC972E1

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
PS, got an extra antenna and power supply for the Tyt 8600 for use in the garage, HAM tech. license opened up another hobby. Talking to overseas contacts interesting with the internet capabilities, and just listening to local emergency responders on scan mode. Lastly the radio looks good in the SxS (bling). No Ham lic. needed to listen.

Rangejunkie

Rangejunkie

Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2019
Jackson, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dude I love them! They smoke Bighorns and I was a fan of the BH’s except for sidewall punctures, these don’t have that same issue. Still nearly 100% tread I’ll report back at the end of summer but so far an awesome tire for the money
I may have missed it, if so sorry. What brand tires and size are you running

Reactions: sharp

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!