What Mods are on the list after this Takeover

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I wanna add the highlift jack with the mounts to mount it to the bumper or cage somewhere. Maybe another set of wheels with 30" rock climbing tires like yall run, not sure of the name. Bighorn maybe? Dont want to go smaller than 30". Probably some other little things I cant think of.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I was really impressed with what the stock machine was capable of doing. I'll definitely be getting a full skid and a windshield before the next Takeover. Already swapped my crappy stock door bushings for the set @Tramguage1 hooked me up with. I'll probably pick up a CB as well.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I was really impressed with what the stock machine was capable of doing. I'll definitely be getting a full skid and a windshield before the next Takeover. Already swapped my crappy stock door bushings for the set @Tramguage1 hooked me up with. I'll probably pick up a CB as well.
Tyt th 8600 vhf/uhf!!

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina

Yea getting a good skid plate is very smart especially at places like royal blue windrock. I probably wouldn’t do all I do if I didn’t have one. Wes really helped me out with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp and JTW
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Forgot one - I am getting a better case from my Micro SD cards - sucks that this one had 2 days of Tackett Creek on it all to never be seen again. First ride where I have needed more storage so I pulled this out and stored in the little plastic case that it came with in and in side a WP bag only to find broken when I got home.. I even tried taping it together and seeing if I could get any video off it but nothing

IMG 5023

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Forgot one - I am getting a better case from my Micro SD cards - sucks that this one had 2 days of Tackett Creek on it all to never be seen again. First ride where I have needed more storage so I pulled this out and stored in the little plastic case that it came with in and in side a WP bag only to find broken when I got home.. I even tried taping it together and seeing if I could get any video off it but nothing

View attachment 128454

Dislike

Reactions: sharp
Mudslyder

Mudslyder

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2016
Central Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Could I just get the handheld one and be ok?

Our group did fine with the handhelds, we all had the speaker/mics. No complaints. Very clear and plenty of volume. We used the belt clip on the radio to hang it from the fiberglass rod for the Honda soft top and hung the mic from the door netting. Easy and didn't have to worry about theft because it goes in with us at night.

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
I’m thinking about getting the Yaesu FT60R. Would it work? Lots of reviews say it’s a tougher radio and easier to use.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m thinking about getting the Yaesu FT60R. Would it work? Lots of reviews say it’s a tougher radio and easier to use.

No, it would not work without doing some internal modifications. That radio is set to only transmit on Ham radio freq.

While the radios we use get called Ham radio's and are often advertised as a Ham radio - no one that I know siding sxs's is transmitting on Ham radio frequencies (unless they are licensed). Every one on here operates on the FRS/ GMRS frequencies.

Upload 2019 5 10 16 54 21

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you are riding in a group that stays pretty much on the same trail a Handheld will work fine - The benefits of the mobile is that you do not have to keep charged up as it is always plugged in, use of better antenna - increased power for transmission distance. Several time at Takeover this cam in handy - @ohanacreek and I spoke while he was at Slick rock (headed to DB) and I was at the pilot gas station, Also while on Tackett creek there were several instances of needing to reach farther.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!