Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking at buying a trailer for the 1000-5 this week, dual axle of course.

6.5 x 12?
7 x 12?
6.5 x 14?

What about enclosed with a side door?

:)
Ok, my 2 pennies... I have a 6.5 X 14 single axle that I can put m P1K5 on and do quick trips with, I also have a 8.5 X 20 enclosed car hauler that fits the buggy and the rancher 420 comfortably. If you have space to store it and a way to pull it I would do enclosed 20 ft. Why you ask... well like @Smitty335 said wished he went bigger. Enclosed let’s you put your in in it it’s hidden, it’s out of the weather, you can bring a lot of gear with you in there and it’s out of sight out of mind. You could use it as a camper or as a shelter when caught out in rain etc. For me I like the fact that I can lock things up in it when traveling and or riding. Mine has the 7-0 interior height and the back door heights is 81” I do believe. Good luck on your search.

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm looking at all the nearby trailer places and none seem to have the height of yours Vikes79. It would be nice to find it within a hundred miles or two!
If it helps, I got mine at the factory in south Ga, I saved some money over dealers pricing and was able to make a “business” trip out of it.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
I'm looking at all the nearby trailer places and none seem to have the height of yours Vikes79. It would be nice to find it within a hundred miles or two!

I don’t know for sure, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the trailer market is behind in supply like the SXS market was earlier this year.

JimmyA

JimmyA

Oct 8, 2017
Northeast texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Ok, my 2 pennies... I have a 6.5 X 14 single axle that I can put m P1K5 on and do quick trips with, I also have a 8.5 X 20 enclosed car hauler that fits the buggy and the rancher 420 comfortably. If you have space to store it and a way to pull it I would do enclosed 20 ft. Why you ask... well like @Smitty335 said wished he went bigger. Enclosed let’s you put your in in it it’s hidden, it’s out of the weather, you can bring a lot of gear with you in there and it’s out of sight out of mind. You could use it as a camper or as a shelter when caught out in rain etc. For me I like the fact that I can lock things up in it when traveling and or riding. Mine has the 7-0 interior height and the back door heights is 81” I do believe. Good luck on your search.
The Best Reply to the Trailer Hauling, suggestions! I hauled mine and hauling it on a Big Tex single axle MC trailer and Love it! A dual axle is probably best though.....

CRob8348

CRob8348

Dec 12, 2019
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Now my .02, not that I am some kind of guru or anything. I have a 12 single axle trailer that I ordered with a 5200lb axle with brakes and a bi-fold rear gate. It works great for my uses. My machine also rides in a 26ft enclosed trailer with my buddy's LE when we go places together. One reason for buying a longer enclosed or for that matter open trailer is that for resale purposes. Most guys that buy race car trailers want one at least 24ft for all their gear. Now after all this, I would just say buy what you think will work best for you and what you can afford. Good luck in your search and take care.

Tundra20

Tundra20

Supporting Member
Oct 14, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I use a 16’ double axle built racks up frt to hold 4wheeler wen kids go pulls like a dream with storage underneath 4wheeler if we need sxs sits right over axles no issues
655EB720 FE71 4102 9FA9 1A8984476D86

advertisement
Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just have 7x12 with 2 ft dovetail. It gets the job done but not a lot of extra room. If I was doing it again I think I’d got for a v nose enclosed or tandem axle car hauler.

View attachment 252260
That would be perfect for me, my fleet of vehicles are all CRVs and the weight of a larger trailer would be an issue. This is enough room to pull it on and nothing else, this is what I would get.

B

Bill26

Jan 13, 2021
wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The only photo of an enclosed on here, Vikes79, has a side door, but it is on the passenger side and nowhere near where the pioneer door would open.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smitty335 and ChadD
Coeus

Coeus

Major General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R4 LV
The only photo of an enclosed on here, Vikes79, has a side door, but it is on the passenger side and nowhere near where the pioneer door would open.
Most said it is tight.. you’d have about a foot an each side if centered.. I’ve seen others load it on far right to give 2’ on the driver side.

i plan on getting a 7’ wide one, mostly due to cost

Reactions: Smitty335 and ChadD
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!