BOX1

Talon What you like about the Talon

R

red124

Sep 7, 2018
MN
I do a bit of road driving so a bigger speedo is my reasoning and the tablet i-pad holder is because I use it as a GPS and rear view mirror. Every normal mirror vibrate to much

Reactions: 100Acre and JTW
H

HondaTech

Me Being a tech, here's my list:

Air filter is so much easier to remove, no more fighting 1 Allen screw for an hour to find out the filter isnt really dirty.

Oil fill/check much easier to get to. Fill is under air cleaner cover and dipstick doesnt have a stupid rubber flap over it.

Clutch overheat light. Atleast I can know what's going on back there. I'm wondering if I can monitor clutch temperature with MCS?

I overall have a food feeling about this thing, cant wait to get our hands on them. I'll be digging through the parts fiche as soon as they become available

Has anyone else seen the pictures of 1 of these with a large black front bumper? It covers the headlights, sort of like the LE bumper.

SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
There is a complaints thread, but what do you like about it, other than being a Honda? Anything that sets it apart from others?

I like it has a Roof
Air intake looks much better location
bed is nice and deep (better than expected at least)
seats look nice and ready for 4pt Harness
Agree with all but have a question, will the roof be stock or will the dealership weasel $350.00 out of you to have one?

Reactions: 100Acre
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wait what? What coolant temp gauge? I've scrolled through 3 Honda P1K speedo's and don't see a temp gauge? The last three Polaris Rangers of mine had one?

Yeah there is one and there’s an idiot light for when it gets too hot.

L_____H

It shows LO till warm, I think it has 5 “Bars” mines never higher than 2 Bars, remember the Clutch is oil cooled, the oil is “water cooled” with engine coolant. The engine coolant has a gauge and an idiot light.
63AB0DA6 12D9 4E2B 8530 A025891E1B9D
D158588B 8A65 4312 BF9B 6525D19235F6

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Everything.
104hp is plenty.
73mph is too fast.
Glad they added the passenger T-bar.
Love the red.
The accessorized model looks bad ass.
Add 32" tires and it will be a beast.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
FQY

Reactions: 100Acre and JTW
H

HondaTech

Agree with all but have a question, will the roof be stock or will the dealership weasel $350.00 out of you to have one?

Honda has stated its standard with the unit..so any dealer trying to get additional funds out of it will be brave as hell.

Reactions: ohanacreek
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Honda has stated its standard with the unit..so any dealer trying to get additional funds out of it will be brave as hell.
But there are a crapload of stupid buyers. Have you seen how many RZRs have sold?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Me Being a tech, here's my list:

Air filter is so much easier to remove, no more fighting 1 Allen screw for an hour to find out the filter isnt really dirty.

Oil fill/check much easier to get to. Fill is under air cleaner cover and dipstick doesnt have a stupid rubber flap over it.

Clutch overheat light. Atleast I can know what's going on back there. I'm wondering if I can monitor clutch temperature with MCS?

I overall have a food feeling about this thing, cant wait to get our hands on them. I'll be digging through the parts fiche as soon as they become available

Has anyone else seen the pictures of 1 of these with a large black front bumper? It covers the headlights, sort of like the LE bumper.

I love this bumper, you mentioned.

Front Bumper Steel

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
So who's going to be the first to lay down some cash for it?
Not me! Not the first year models and I only have 1,700 trail/yard miles on mine. Honda is headed in the right direction, I hope they come out with the suspension and frame these have got on a P1-5 platform, kinda like XXXXXXX has done. We have three dogs and when the wife goes we need the bed.

CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I only started the complaint thread because it was way easier for me to write down the 2 things I didn't liken opposed to writing the 3 page list of everything I Love!

Haha!

Seriously, I could list a million things here.

Dimensions are right where I wanted.
Can fit huge tires
Seats looks awesome
Good bed space
Good cup holders
Good looking doors
T bar and hand holds on door
Body design is nice
Air filter location and design

I could go on and on.

I am still hoping for a base model that is less expensive. No i4wd (same diffs/control as the pioneer), crappy wheels/tires, loose the fancy painted plastic, loose the dynamic braking and hill assist, loose the roof, maybe all black seats and interior. And drop $2k. Fingers crossed. ;-)

Reactions: rlutech and 100Acre
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Not me! Not the first year models and I only have 1,700 trail/yard miles on mine. Honda is headed in the right direction, I hope they come out with the suspension and frame these have got on a P1-5 platform, kinda like XXXXXXX has done. We have three dogs and when the wife goes we need the bed.
Nobody buys a Corvette for backseat legroom and trunk space, Just Saying, I doubt anyone will make the combo with everything you are pining for.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Nobody buys a Corvette for backseat legroom and trunk space, Just Saying, I doubt anyone will make the combo with everything you are pining for.
It's not a Corvette yet! Maybe a Subaru Out Back, HA! I like the X for the woods anyway, with the P1-5 plat form, you could drive more aggressively with no passengers or fire wood?

Reactions: Eltobgi
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!