Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
None of these Pioneers are corner slingers, not what they're made for. Removing the sway bar reduces its cornering capabilities too, you feel more roll. If you're looking to slide it around you'd be better off with the lower stock tires, spreading the stance and leaving the swaybar, and it still won't be any good at it.
Agreed if you’re going to be riding fast and taking corners at speed the ASB attatched is better.

Reactions: trigger
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
4 rolls in the 500. 3 of which were at the Takeover due to deep ruts and mud holes. Once in Washington trying to make a 3 point turn on a narrow trail. I should've gone for the 5 point turn instead.

P

PNWGuy

My off-roading and trail riding has never been for the sake of off-roading, but as a means to get to an activity. I used my ATV to get to a hunting spot, or to explore a mine, etc.

I used to be a drag racer and speed freak. I grew out of it mostly. So, the only time I encounter obstacles are when they are between me and where I want to go. I don't go out looking for ways to break my machine or roll over.

But, with my new Pioneer, I would like to use it for more trail exploring and recreational riding. Not necessarily looking for obstacles, but riding for the enjoyment.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Glad to see I am not the only one that has not removed the sway bar, and knock on wood, I have not rolled mine either.
By no means, there’s more connected than disconnected.

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
But, with my new Pioneer, I would like to use it for more trail exploring and recreational riding. Not necessarily looking for obstacles, but riding for the enjoyment.
Yep yep, that’s the way. Got all the rest of that behind you......

P

PNWGuy

Ordered 1" spacers for the rear just to be safe. Hopefully the local Forest Service LEO for my district won't use a tape measure and bust me for being over 50"... He said he wouldn't at his bachelor party last week...

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
4 rolls in the 500. 3 of which were at the Takeover due to deep ruts and mud holes. Once in Washington trying to make a 3 point turn on a narrow trail. I should've gone for the 5 point turn instead.
Weren't those really flops? HA!

Reactions: Mudder and 100Acre
NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
I feel there is a big difference between “rolling over” and “tipping over”. With that being said I almost tipped over once in slow motion but it stopped before going all the way and I have never come close to rolling it.

Reactions: Mudder
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve never been close to rolling mine over. Mine is actually more stable after getting 26’s (same size on all four). I won’t be disconnecting my sway bar anytime soon.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Reactions: JCMINIS and BWAF
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
I feel there is a big difference between “rolling over” and “tipping over”. With that being said I almost tipped over once in slow motion but it stopped before going all the way and I have never come close to rolling it.
You are correct NitroxDiver, there is a difference between rolling and tipping but people like to say, "Man, I rolled my P5" rather than "Man I tipped over my P5." and makes for a better story.

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
That's the thing...I seriously doubt the 500 is less stable than the Kodiak @PNWGuy mentioned, but it feels more spooky since it's much harder to add body English.
exactly on an ATV i would stand completely on the uphill side at times in the P500 you cannot add that "English" and with the roll bar and other weight up high the center of gravity is much higher.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!