What's your dream "Job"

locoboilerguy

locoboilerguy

Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2016
Western Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
Already do it. Live in Colorado, ride my SxS, hunt and build steam locomotives. Just sorry I won't live forever but I am trying. I am still working because I choose to and its a good thing. People should work, it keeps us going longer.

J

JTW

Already do it. Live in Colorado, ride my SxS, hunt and build steam locomotives. Just sorry I won't live forever but I am trying. I am still working because I choose to and its a good thing. People should work, it keeps us going longer.
That's the truth!! Just look at most a couple years after retirement (physically).. or the old farmers who's kids make them hang it up! It's easy and amazing how quick a person can go down... and not in the good way!

1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
An inventor, I want to invent something that people have to have. They use it twice ad day and throw it away after each use. This way I'd have enough money to start in Florida in March turkey hunting and work my way north as seasons open. I could crappie fish here all winter and if I got cold hop on a plane and go somewhere warm with nice beaches.

Too bad someone already invented toilet paper, I could be a star. LOL

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I remember being told once that you will change what you want to do with your life multiple times growing up. For me this has not been true. Ever since I can remember I've just wanted to be a full time cattle rancher. I run about 40 mother cows now which is nowhere near enough to live on but at least it's something. Hopefully I'll get to my goal one day...

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
I wanted to be a professional race car driver. Formula 1, Trans Am, or Indy car. I raced for about 10 years, without much money or sponsorship and finally gave up. I had a lot of fun. Sure do miss it.

advertisement
sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wouldn't change my job, but I'd really like to have a space big enough for all of my colleagues. We are split between 2 places now that just opened the first of the year, but we are already bigger than our space. I'd have an office that had 2 floors. Kids on 2nd so they could ride the elevator every time they came. I'd have 2 waiting rooms on each floor, one for sick and one for well. Each provider would have 4 rooms for patients. In the back we'd have our walk-in clinic. All on a site with parking galore!!

Reactions: Dp5hunter and sharp
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I'm very lucky, after 35+ years of working on elevators and escalators I was able to start my own company. I cant think of anything else I would rather be doing other than retiring. I still look forward to getting up in the mornings and going to work.
I also am also involved in our apprenticeship program, I work on development of labs, curriculum, and training of instructors and apprentices.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Right now, just about any job would be better than what I've got (been unemployed since Thursday)

Got a small severance so I'm not too hard up yet.

Anyone hiring? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Right now, just about any job would be better than what I've got (been unemployed since Thursday)

Anyone hiring? Lol

I'm really sorry to hear that!

Reactions: ehart814
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I'm really sorry to hear that!

Thanks. I'm sure I'll get by. My wife has a pretty good job so that definitely helps. In a way it's a blessing because I was stressed really bad because business was so poor and the company wouldn't or couldn't invest to expand their capabilities. I knew I was going to be let go eventually so it's nice to not have to worry about that anymore.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I get what you're saying and totally understand. Most of us don't have that dream job we just work for the person that signs the check but that's important too. Sometimes we forget how important that is and this is one of those times.
Hopefully you just needed a break before the next opportunity rolls in.

J

JTW

Anyone hiring? Lol

Sorry man.. what were you doing?

I hear there's good money in pimping!?

Reactions: popeye
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!