P1000 Wheel bearing tool

T

Toddwis

Nov 11, 2020
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey everyone! First time posting but I’ve been enjoying the site for awhile now. I wanted to grease the wheel bearings on my 2021 P1K-5. I bought the 40mm greasing tool from Amazon and it’s too small. Everything I’ve researched is says the 40mm tool should work. The only other one I’ve found online is a 44mm tool. Does anyone know if that’s the actual size I need? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Reactions: Lady01 and TxDoc
Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey everyone! First time posting but I’ve been enjoying the site for awhile now. I wanted to grease the wheel bearings on my 2021 P1K-5. I bought the 40mm greasing tool from Amazon and it’s too small. Everything I’ve researched is says the 40mm tool should work. The only other one I’ve found online is a 44mm tool. Does anyone know if that’s the actual size I need? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
I watched DirtNdiesel in youtube and the one he bought and others have linked through the forum is on ebay. HONDA PIONEER 1000 ALL 4 WHEEL BEARING GREASER TOOL axle in! - R | eBay

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Stateboy

Stateboy

Lifetime Member
Apr 5, 2021
Wolverine, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is what I found in the repair manual. I'm not sure if it will help. Also, welcome from Northern Michigan. 69aa9a9cd847b4e2a37f797a840f7881

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lady01
T

Toddwis

Nov 11, 2020
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I watched DirtNdiesel in youtube and the one he bought and others have linked through the forum is on ebay. HONDA PIONEER 1000 ALL 4 WHEEL BEARING GREASER TOOL axle in! - R | eBay

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
I watched that video too. I never found any dimensions listed on the sellers page so I don’t want to buy another 40mm tool that doesn’t fit. He doesn’t tell the dimensions in the video either. I’m curious if the size has changed for the 21 model or I need a different size. I appreciate you responding. Thanks for look into it!

bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I watched that video too. I never found any dimensions listed on the sellers page so I don’t want to buy another 40mm tool that doesn’t fit. He doesn’t tell the dimensions in the video either. I’m curious if the size has changed for the 21 model or I need a different size. I appreciate you responding. Thanks for look into it!
Done same thing, amazon junk order one off rocky mountian atv the one from there I used fit perfectly

T

Toddwis

Nov 11, 2020
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is what I found in the repair manual. I'm not sure if it will help. Also, welcome from Northern Michigan. View attachment 269190

Thank you for the response! Honestly I wish they gave dimensions in the manual. The OD of the tool is just under 1 5/8” so I think the 44mm tool is closer to what I need but I don’t want to order and cross my fingers. It seems like most of the sellers on eBay and Amazon only go to about 2017-2018 in the description so after looking deeper I wondered if the 2021 model maybe had a larger bearing. Thanks again for posting!
This is what I found in the repair manual. I'm not sure if it will help. Also, welcome from Northern Michigan. View attachment 269190

T

Toddwis

Nov 11, 2020
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Done same thing, amazon junk order one off rocky mountian atv the one from there I used fit perfectly
That makes me feel better. I did quite a bit of research and was pissed when I pulled both front hubs and it didn’t fit. So I put everything back together without accomplishing anything. Could you post the one you bought on the site so I don’t screw up again? If not I’ll look into it. I really appreciate you posting. This site has been a huge help for me when I bought my first Honda SXS in 2015. And has continued to be in my favorites since. I love how everyone helps each other (and busts balls too). BTW I‘m from southern Illinois (didnt call it out earlier).

Enigma

Enigma

East Tennessee Mudder
Lifetime Member
Mar 22, 2020
Rocky Top
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Anyone try the CA Technology wheel bearing tool? It looks like it is a well designed tool.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome From Restricted Michigan!

Glad your figuring it out!
Btw, no difference in the barring from 16-21’ ;)

PICS IF YOUR MACHINE OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!

advertisement
TexasJackKin

TexasJackKin

Nov 22, 2020
Dayton, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When I put the information into the eBay link above I get this:

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
The one I ended up getting is 40 mm it supposedly works on Polaris as well. It did work for me too. I did have to pull the hub away from the axle and also had to remove the O- Rings that were on the tool. It did fit into the bearing and it worked perfectly with the o-rings removed. It shows up in french even though I have it translated to english this is what I bought and it works by doing what I mentioned above.

Last edited:
Reactions: Plowboy1466
T

Toddwis

Nov 11, 2020
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome From Restricted Michigan!

Glad your figuring it out!
Btw, no difference in the barring from 16-21’ ;)

PICS IF YOUR MACHINE OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!
I’ll post pics soon. Nothing really special just yet. I have the front cab tore apart for a fan install this weekend. I currently have a BOSS sound bar and amp with two BOSS marine speakers in the back. 28” ripsaws all around with STI rims. A small light bar up front and one behind. After the cooling fan I’d like to add a winch and upgrade shocks too. I bought this machine last year after selling my 700-5(2016). This rig is an entirely different animal and I couldn’t be happier. Quickly put 1200 miles on it and I am getting stuff ready for another year of riding.

Reactions: Remington
T

Toddwis

Nov 11, 2020
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The one I ended up getting is 40 mm it supposedly works on Polaris as well. It did work for me too. I did have to pull the hub away from the axle and also had to remove the O- Rings that were on the tool. It did fit into the bearing and it worked perfectly with the o-rings removed. It shows up in french even though I have it translated to english this is what I bought and it works by doing what I mentioned above.
That’s my issue too. Looks like the tool would fit into the bearing but the axel won’t slide through. Didn’t want to pull the hub but it looks like that’s my only option or find the right tool with a larger inner diameter. Usually only the OD is listed for the tool so finding the right one has been a waste of time. Thanks for the reply!

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I’ll post pics soon. Nothing really special just yet. I have the front cab tore apart for a fan install this weekend. I currently have a BOSS sound bar and amp with two BOSS marine speakers in the back. 28” ripsaws all around with STI rims. A small light bar up front and one behind. After the cooling fan I’d like to add a winch and upgrade shocks too. I bought this machine last year after selling my 700-5(2016). This rig is an entirely different animal and I couldn’t be happier. Quickly put 1200 miles on it and I am getting stuff ready for another year of riding.
Were just imagination illiterate, so pics in any state is how we understand things. Its the unwritten bible verse around here. Especially before (intro page) or during your first post! ;)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!