P1000 Wheel bearing greasing tool

S

Sourdough

Jun 5, 2019
Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Big Red
In front of me, I have 2 "greasing tools", neither one that will fit over my axle shaft...and not returnable..
I have a 2019, Pioneer 1000-5 and am afraid to order any more for fear of getting the same.. my axle shaft
is approx 29-30 mm. in dia. and the ones I am getting have a bore of 25 mm. Pls , someone tell me where
I can get the proper one....I live in AB, Can. Thx a bunch

Reactions: rtn001
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I'm unclear on the bearings you want to grease.

I learned the old-fashioned way.

1. Reach your predominant hand into the grease container and scoop a handful of grease. Trasnsfer it to the palm of your other hand.

2. Hold the bearing in your predominant hand and press it firmly into the opposite containing grease and wipe the bearing through the grease forcing grease into the bearing shell around the bearings. Rotate the bearing to expose the next section and repeat until the bearing is fully packed.

After I wrote he above I realized the ancient technique must be on the web. Here it is:

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
In front of me, I have 2 "greasing tools", neither one that will fit over my axle shaft...and not returnable..
I have a 2019, Pioneer 1000-5 and am afraid to order any more for fear of getting the same.. my axle shaft
is approx 29-30 mm. in dia. and the ones I am getting have a bore of 25 mm. Pls , someone tell me where
I can get the proper one....I live in AB, Can. Thx a bunch
As we say…pics really help us to help you!

S

Sourdough

Jun 5, 2019
Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Big Red
I'm unclear on the bearings you want to grease.

I learned the old-fashioned way.

1. Reach your predominant hand into the grease container and scoop a handful of grease. Trasnsfer it to the palm of your other hand.

2. Hold the bearing in your predominant hand and press it firmly into the opposite containing grease and wipe the bearing through the grease forcing grease into the bearing shell around the bearings. Rotate the bearing to expose the next section and repeat until the bearing is fully packed.

After I wrote he above I realized the ancient technique must be on the web. Here it is:

As I mentioned, I am talking AXLE shaft and therefore WHEEL BEARINGS, these can't be greased by conventional means, if you are familiar with the bearing set up, unless you want to dismantle the hub and press out the bearings.... The procedure "tool" is shown on tube tube, which explains and shows it for anyone to understand...

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
As I mentioned, I am talking AXLE shaft and therefore WHEEL BEARINGS, these can't be greased by conventional means, if you are familiar with the bearing set up, unless you want to dismantle the hub and press out the bearings.... The procedure "tool" is shown on tube tube, which explains and shows it for anyone to understand...
I might have understood your question if you had posted a link to the video you're posting now.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you know someone with a metal lathe and boring bar, it's fairly easy to increase the diameter of your greaser - though depending on how much of the ID is removed, you may need to replace the O-ring and maybe make the O-ring groove a bit deeper. If you had to pay a machinist to do this, it'd cost more in time/money than it would to find and buy the right greaser . . . though that sort of thing never held me back, as I have a lathe. :)

• Love
Reactions: rtn001 and CID
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Sourdough just search "bearing greaser" on these forums and you'll find several threads where guys have discussed ones that work and those that don't.

I know it takes a 40mm tool. The one I have is from a company called Machined Integrations. Works great. I've seen guys here with others that work for half the price of mine.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Several have argued here that over greasing bearings can be problematic with bearing clearance and heat issues. Valid concerns.

Read up. I'm in the "moderate greasing occasionally " camp.

S

Sourdough

Jun 5, 2019
Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Big Red
Thx guys,... all the info that has been given is pretty much right on and is what I have been able to come up with myself.
Re, the u-tube video, its good and I was hoping that they might be able to supply this tool...They got back to me the next day and unfortunately could not do so..
As for the lathe work, there are issues here that I will find out tomorrow, when I chuck it myself..
I can McGuiver with the best of them...lol.. Would still like the name of someone that I can speak with an d know we are on the same page....
As for the "over greasing", the bearing seals with allow excess grease to escape and could only maybe lube your brake pads but anyone who gets carried away with a grease gun ...well...you know what I mean....The same holds true for not doing any servicing to what one owns....That is not the way this cowboy operates and never will...The idea of greasing those bearings are as a preventative measure, should one be in the water, mud, blood and the beer ( I think that is what John said), and greased just to purge possible contaminates or top off a couple times a year.. not to be done after every run...
I think that covers most of the response, I got to my question and I thank you all but would still appreciate WHT, I can get one if my lathe doesn't pan out.. I'm not concerned about a bearing failure, as when spinning the wheel, all are still smooth.
It's just nice to travel, knowing you have a full tank of fuel and other systems are up to par, when you hit the trails
In the world of aviation, they say..
The fuel you left on the ground and the altitude above you do you no good, when the fan stops turning...Have a good day

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
S

Sourdough

Jun 5, 2019
Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Big Red
I am finding it hard to believe, that with all the talk about wheel bearing grease tools, I have yet to see ANYONE come up with a part # and a supplier..Lots of items out there with 40 mm., inner bearing dimension but no one has mentioned the fact that the tool has to fit over a 29-30mm shaft... SO, WHO HAS THE TOOL AND WHERE DID IT COME FROM...for the sake of those not needing the frustration of getting the wrong one(s)..lol.... I was able to machine mine and it works fine but not everyone wants to go the route that I did..

Trswayz1

Trswayz1

Jun 23, 2021
Upstate NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
This one seems to have all positive reviews about it fitting over the axle. Hope that helps

ccso280k9

ccso280k9

Nov 30, 2020
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have a 2017 P700. I purchased a set of greasing tools for it on eBay. The front wheels was 34mm and the rear was 40mm. They fit and worked perfectly. Greased all 4 wheels in 45 minutes. Check eBay and read reviews.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
I have a 2017 P700. I purchased a set of greasing tools for it on eBay. The front wheels was 34mm and the rear was 40mm. They fit and worked perfectly. Greased all 4 wheels in 45 minutes. Check eBay and read reviews.
That's odd mine are the same front and rear . 40mm both

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!