P1000 Bearing Grease

Jim1000

Jim1000

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
MN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What brand of grease would you recommend for the wheel bearings.

Reactions: Lady01
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use this with my bearing greaser
Mobil Mobil1SynGrease cartridge

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@ToddACimer I think I seen on here somewhere but what tool do you have to grease the wheel bearings

Reactions: Lady01
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Grease gun grease. I wouldn't fuss about what kind of grease at all, just get a bit in there once in a while.

Most people don't grease them at all, or even know that they can be greased. If you shoot a bit in there once in a while, you'll be good.

Site admin posted something a while ago about the problems with overpacking bearings, which is generally good advice to take into consideration.

No need to go nuts with it, just give them 2-4 pumps every few thousand miles, they'll run a long time.

Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
One of the buyers feed back said "Did not fit Honda pioneer 1000"
Does anyone know if this is true?
I see that seller has only sold 44 of them.
This other seller has sold over 400.
Feedback says fits pioneer 1000.
I would believe information from here, before Ebay.
Which one is the correct one to buy?

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
On both greasers in the previous post, when you click on the sub-menu to select model, above the model list, and enter 2021 Pioneer 1000-5 SE, it shows not compatible. Anyone know what greaser (that sounds like a slur of some type!) fits the SE?

Edit, on similar greasers, and most actually, the compatibility list only goes to 2018. If I enter a 2018 P1000-5 LE (same drive train as my 21 1K-5 SE I think) it says compatible. Change just the year to 2019, say not compatible . . . so I think it's a listing issue rather than a no fit issue - maybe?

Last edited:
Reactions: JenElio and Lady01
advertisement
05Willys

05Willys

Apr 21, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have not greased mine with this tool yet(only have 1,100 miles on it). But the 40mm is what I believe is the right size. Not to put anyone down but you have to read reviews and use your own good judgment as to whether the are "legit" or not. You also have to realize that if it's only 1 person saying it don't fit, that person might have been less than capable and was trying to grease them thru the hitch receiver. Companies now pay people to write bad reviews on competitors products. Reviews are just a guideline, not the gospel.

Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have not greased mine with this tool yet(only have 1,100 miles on it). But the 40mm is what I believe is the right size. Not to put anyone down but you have to read reviews and use your own good judgment as to whether the are "legit" or not. You also have to realize that if it's only 1 person saying it don't fit, that person might have been less than capable and was trying to grease them thru the hitch receiver. Companies now pay people to write bad reviews on competitors products. Reviews are just a guideline, not the gospel.
So, what you are trying to tell me is to not pay to much mind to the reviews, and go to some website where there are a whole lot of people who possibly, probably have maybe used the product ........ and ask them. Thank you! Not to put anyone down but, I never would have thought of doing something like that.
I am glad you were so forthcoming with such useful information.
Oh, I forgot to ask. Do you know of a good website where people with maybe that kind of knowledge hang out?
Have a good day
HAHAHAHAHA was that sarcastic enough, I really tried. :)
thanks, just messing with you.
Maybe someone else who have actually ordered one, and used it, will chime in.

Last edited:
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The one I bought came from Machined Integrations. Nearly twice as much as that ebay unit, though I can't say if it's any better without seeing it closer or trying it.

It works well, though.

05Willys

05Willys

Apr 21, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So, what you are trying to tell me is to not pay to much mind to the reviews, and go to some website where there are a whole lot of people who possibly, probably have maybe used the product ........ and ask them. Thank you! Not to put anyone down but, I never would have thought of doing something like that.
I am glad you were so forthcoming with such useful information.
Oh, I forgot to ask. Do you know of a good website where people with maybe that kind of knowledge hang out?
Have a good day
HAHAHAHAHA was that sarcastic enough, I really tried. :)
thanks, just messing with you.
Maybe someone else who have actually ordered one, and used it, will chime in.
Buy whatever your little heart desires. I really don't GAF what you do. If you don't like what someone on here has to say, ignore it and move on to the next post. You have wasted a lot of time trying to be "sarcastic". By the lack of reactions to your comment, nobody but you found it comical.

Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
HAHAHAHA
Damn dude what's got you wrapped so tight?
My "little heart" was trying to find an answer to a question that someone posted.
I gave the additional information that I found, and asked more questions.
And then you come along with your snarkyass comment. Thinking you were adding something, but added no useful information. TripleB gave a good comment.
Yep, as you stated "I really don't GAF" what you or others think about my comments.
I usually post, when I have something worthwhile to add to a thread, except for this.
This is just replying to your post, and wasting space.
But, you have a Good Day

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

Sooo, I just got this in the mail (bought it by accident) originally had one like TripleB mentioned in my cart and for some reason ended up buying both 🤦‍♂️
20220114 203823

The 40mm @05Willys linked DOES NOT work, the phucker won't go in 🤬 sorry bud. I guess I have to wait 'till Monday to try the one TripleB linked.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!