P1000 Wheel crooked??

Jimmyscoin

Jimmyscoin

Nov 27, 2016
Fairbanks, alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I just installed some ITP mudlites Tonight. I was sitting in my garage admiring the tires and noticed that the rear tire appears to be canted. So I got to looking and the spring is clearly not in its original position. I can tell this because of the clean spot where the spring used to be. Has anybody else ever seen this? The two pictures I have included with the level are of the back tire and front tire. The front tire and the other two are almost perfectly level. The left rear is way off. At first I thought a lug nut was loose but they are all torque to spec

01F615D5 7C4F 465E B7C3 95CD1F458D2F 6E2B3D74 E80C 47D8 8D15 1F22BD553162 2231D639 8769 4BFB 84B2 DEEFE3500B3F AD6FC190 B82C 4F4C 85D6 3AB5B2C1CF30

J

JTW

I’d say you have a burst shock. Not the first time I’ve seen it on here but it’s certainly not common either. Looks like a good reason to add some Fox’s all around.

Jimmyscoin

Jimmyscoin

Nov 27, 2016
Fairbanks, alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well that really sucks counting the machine has less than 150 miles on it and has not been ridden hard by any stretch of the imagination. I just had the clutch mod done last week. Do they have to take all that off to get to it? Just wondering if it is something they could have screwed up.

Reactions: Riley
A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
How does the other side look? Could there be a possibility the suspension needs to settle? Do these have forward weight bias like a car, try jostling the rear suspension hang from the roll cage and see if the suspension just needed to settle.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well that really sucks counting the machine has less than 150 miles on it and has not been ridden hard by any stretch of the imagination. I just had the clutch mod done last week. Do they have to take all that off to get to it? Just wondering if it is something they could have screwed up.

That’s a possibility that something was installed wrong.

Have you driven any with it crooked?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Oh yeah, swap the two rear shocks and see if the problem goes to the other side.

Reactions: JTW
Jimmyscoin

Jimmyscoin

Nov 27, 2016
Fairbanks, alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I only drove it off the trailer and into my garage. I swapped the tires at a local DIY shop. It has been driven about 50 feet like that

J

JTW

I guess it’s possible but I’m not sure what?? The shocks are pretty straight forward. Try diving it around a little and see if settles back.. if not I’d say it’s a bad shock.. who knows, maybe they took it off and mixed it up with a bad shock?? I dunno??

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
On a side note I liked how my mud lites rode, rotate them often I didn't I have a pair 1/2 worn down from the front toe setting. That was from a lot of pavement and lime rock roads riding.

Reactions: JTW
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
So I just installed some ITP mudlites Tonight. I was sitting in my garage admiring the tires and noticed that the rear tire appears to be canted. So I got to looking and the spring is clearly not in its original position. I can tell this because of the clean spot where the spring used to be. Has anybody else ever seen this? The two pictures I have included with the level are of the back tire and front tire. The front tire and the other two are almost perfectly level. The left rear is way off. At first I thought a lug nut was loose but they are all torque to spec

View attachment 59660 View attachment 59661 View attachment 59662 View attachment 59663
Wonder if the self leveling gizmo in the shock is messed up? One of the best things I've done is replace the OEM shocks with Elkas!

advertisement
RyanOrange3

RyanOrange3

Oct 13, 2016
MN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Loosen the lug nuts and make sure the rim is on the hub right... Just an idea

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Jimmyscoin

Jimmyscoin

Nov 27, 2016
Fairbanks, alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I dropped it off at the dealer yesterday and he said he had seen them blow shocks that early in life but it was not common. Then he looked at it and said he was more concerned with the fact that the spring was sitting different than the other side. Then he assured me that they would figure it out and it would be covered under warranty. He said regardless of what it was, I should not be having problems this early. This dealer has turned out to be a stand up guy. This is not the first time he has fixed stuff on it. I will let y’all know what it turns out to be.

Reactions: R-Lamm and JTW
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I dropped it off at the dealer yesterday and he said he had seen them blow shocks that early in life but it was not common. Then he looked at it and said he was more concerned with the fact that the spring was sitting different than the other side. Then he assured me that they would figure it out and it would be covered under warranty. He said regardless of what it was, I should not be having problems this early. This dealer has turned out to be a stand up guy. This is not the first time he has fixed stuff on it. I will let y’all know what it turns out to be.

You found a unicorn

Reactions: R-Lamm

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!