P1000 Wheel Interchangability

B

bwfox

Nov 26, 2015
I've seen a reference to possibly using CanAm wheels on a Pioneer. I have a Teryx which can utilize CanAm wheels, but I believe they have to be drilled slightly to accept the 12mm studs on a Teryx. I'm curious because the only Pioneer that comes with 14" wheels and radial tires is the 5 Deluxe. I recently put new Sedona Rip Saws on 12" rims on my Teryx. They are a much heavier duty tire that the BH2s. My BH worked ok, but eventually 3 of 4 had plugs in them. If I buy a Pioneer 1k it would be the 3 seat EPS model. I'm curious if my Teryx wheels/tires would work? I don't want bias tires and I really don't want the BH2s either.

MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana
I've seen a reference to possibly using CanAm wheels on a Pioneer. I have a Teryx which can utilize CanAm wheels, but I believe they have to be drilled slightly to accept the 12mm studs on a Teryx. I'm curious because the only Pioneer that comes with 14" wheels and radial tires is the 5 Deluxe. I recently put new Sedona Rip Saws on 12" rims on my Teryx. They are a much heavier duty tire that the BH2s. My BH worked ok, but eventually 3 of 4 had plugs in them. If I buy a Pioneer 1k it would be the 3 seat EPS model. I'm curious if my Teryx wheels/tires would work? I don't want bias tires and I really don't want the BH2s either.
I am not going to be any help at all but I am jealous that you even have that problem. Btw, Welcome to the forums! Others on here will be more helpful....i have to wait until next year to buy a Pioneer.

MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana
How about selling them if they dont work and putting the money towards a set that will make you happy?

B

bwfox

Nov 26, 2015
How about selling them if they dont work and putting the money towards a set that will make you happy?
I have two sons that both have 15 Teryx 4s. I have a built in market for any Teryx stuff.
I did visit the "other" Pioneer forum, but this one seems to be much more active!
I'm waiting to see the pioneer 1k 3 in person. I looked at a 5, but it's not the one I'm wanting. I want a white 3. I have a white Ridgeline and they would look good together.
One other question. Do the front and rear wheels interchange? The Teryx does not. The front has disc brakes and the rear is a wet brake. The offset in the wheels don't allow a rear wheel to clear the disc.

MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana
I have two sons that both have 15 Teryx 4s. I have a built in market for any Teryx stuff.
I did visit the "other" Pioneer forum, but this one seems to be much more active!
I'm waiting to see the pioneer 1k 3 in person. I looked at a 5, but it's not the one I'm wanting. I want a white 3. I have a white Ridgeline and they would look good together.
One other question. Do the front and rear wheels interchange? The Teryx does not. The front has disc brakes and the rear is a wet brake. The offset in the wheels don't allow a rear wheel to clear the disc.
I would love to answer your questions for you but just dont know the answer yet. Others will be along to answer for you but sometimes it takes until later. There are some very good resources here and everyone stays positive but goofy at times.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@bwfox Welcome to the club, and congrats on your new P1K. The P1000 also has 12mm x 1.5 studs just like the commander, the Honda offsets are different the rear offset is more like 5.5x2.5 on an 8" wide wheel and the front is a 4+2 on a 6" wide wheel, the staggered offset allows for the same wheel track center to center even though tire / wheel widths are different.

I cannot say for certain if the wheels will work but theoretically yes they should.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!