P1000 Wheel question

May 14, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone running 5+2 on the front and 4+3 on the rear?
Wouldn't this keep track width same front to rear?

May 14, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As they say in Ferris Bueller's Day off - "Anyone, Anyone?"
I've got some plastic that needs to be swiped ASAP.

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
J
As they say in Ferris Bueller's Day off - "Anyone, Anyone?"
I've got some plastic that needs to be swiped ASAP.
It would be close to the same but why do you want it the same?

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Why would I want the front to be 1" wider per side than the rear?
Because it will handle better off road.

May 14, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@500 if all wheels were the same you could also rotate tires which would be nice.
Ya, I got that, but if I'm going unidirectional tires it won't matter. If I go something like blackwater 10" wide on all four then I would do 5+2 all around. Just not sure, and I was mainly curious if running 5+2 front and 4+3 rear would keep the track even. I'm not concerned about all the ancillary factors, more so just wanted to know who all has done this and how close it was to maintaining even track.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ya, I got that, but if I'm going unidirectional tires it won't matter. If I go something like blackwater 10" wide on all four then I would do 5+2 all around. Just not sure, and I was mainly curious if running 5+2 front and 4+3 rear would keep the track even. I'm not concerned about all the ancillary factors, more so just wanted to know who all has done this and how close it was to maintaining even track.

From what I've seen on snow and mud it does seem to have less stability especially at speed because the rear doesn't follow as well and has to make new tracks. But on harder ground wider is better. That's my opinion though.

Sent from iPhone

Reactions: 500
Kenjones21

Kenjones21

Jun 23, 2015
Central Louisiana
I just put some HD3 wheels with 6+1 in front and 5+2 in back and its almost perfect, I did not like the bull dog stance at all.

advertisement

May 14, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Get wheel spacers.
Lol.
Perhaps I should have asked what the factory wheel offsets are. Again, I'm just asking if 5+2 front and 4+3 rear would maintain even track width.
I don't want to run 4+3's on the rear if there is only a half inch diff. for example, then the rear would be half inch wider - in that case I'd run 5+2's all around. If it's 1.5" per side front to rear diff. offset from factory then I'd run 5+2 and 4+3 and only be .5" narrower rear to front. I'm not looking to be perfectly even, I'm just wandering if going 1" wider on rear wheel would maintain even track.
I'm going 5+2 front to bump it out 1" per side to compensate for the lift kit sucking the track width in 1/2" per side. I want the rear to compensate as well, so if factory rear is already, say 5+2, I'd do no good going back with what is there to compensate for the narrowed track resulting from the lift.
Maybe/hopefully that explains the "why" behind my question -- and I personally don't like/use spacers - I'm no fan of them nor having to use Loc-Tite to hold my spacer on. I also don't prefer having to remove my wheel every few rides to check nut torque - which anyone should do running spacers at 60mph IMO. I've seen too many work loose. I'd rather have it built into my wheel and not worry with it.

CPope

CPope

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Pulaski TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went with 5 + 2 all the way and use a 1" spacer on the rear, all is well.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The spacer that madore and cpope mentioned is probably the best way to go. You'll have a rig that tracks good still retains its looks and you could run aftermarket wheels and be able to swap them around and have a spare that fits correctly. If it were me I'd got that way!

Sent from iPhone

Last edited:
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Lol.
Perhaps I should have asked what the factory wheel offsets are. Again, I'm just asking if 5+2 front and 4+3 rear would maintain even track width.
I don't want to run 4+3's on the rear if there is only a half inch diff. for example, then the rear would be half inch wider - in that case I'd run 5+2's all around. If it's 1.5" per side front to rear diff. offset from factory then I'd run 5+2 and 4+3 and only be .5" narrower rear to front. I'm not looking to be perfectly even, I'm just wandering if going 1" wider on rear wheel would maintain even track.
I'm going 5+2 front to bump it out 1" per side to compensate for the lift kit sucking the track width in 1/2" per side. I want the rear to compensate as well, so if factory rear is already, say 5+2, I'd do no good going back with what is there to compensate for the narrowed track resulting from the lift.
Maybe/hopefully that explains the "why" behind my question -- and I personally don't like/use spacers - I'm no fan of them nor having to use Loc-Tite to hold my spacer on. I also don't prefer having to remove my wheel every few rides to check nut torque - which anyone should do running spacers at 60mph IMO. I've seen too many work loose. I'd rather have it built into my wheel and not worry with it.

The rear hubs are almost exactly 1" inset as compared to the front. With that said, 1" spacers for the rear would be great for evening out the track. If you don't like the spacers, get the 4-3 wheels for the back.

I can say that the spacers have done good for me. I also wish I don't have to use them. I wish Honda made the spacing the same front and rear. For me, I chose spacers to keep the wheels the same. You'd be fine either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 14, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The rear hubs are almost exactly 1" inset as compared to the front. With that said, 1" spacers for the rear would be great for evening out the track. If you don't like the spacers, get the 4-3 wheels for the back.

I can say that the spacers have done good for me. I also wish I don't have to use them. I wish Honda made the spacing the same front and rear. For me, I chose spacers to keep the wheels the same. You'd be fine either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ya, I guess I need to decide on tires first as that will play the rim decision. If I go with uni's skinny/wide it won't matter. Can't rotate anyway. However, if I do the multi's like the evo's/BH 10's on all corners then it's something to consider.
Guess I'll stop looking at wheels and decide on tires first. I had found Method Standard matte black for $59/pc on sale, and they offer 5+2 and 4+3 options in 4x136.

Reactions: joeymt33
Kenjones21

Kenjones21

Jun 23, 2015
Central Louisiana
Whats your width front and back? Can't be more then 64" in the trails here
Not sure I would have to measure but it's 2inches narrower in the front and back now due to the 6+1 offset in front and taking off my 1 inch spacers in the rear, I dont' like running spacers and I wanted it as close to factory width as possible

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!