P500 Wheel well opening - covered

AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 500
Guys:
My P500 is a couple of weeks old now. I just wired in a switch plate & several LED lights. I notice in the front wheel wells there are open spaces that allow water and mud from the tires to fling up and would be hitting the underside of my switches & wiring etc.

20161219 062032 resized

Not the best. I did a quick scan for wheel well coverings on this forum, but the search was negative. Maybe I wasn't searching the right keywords... So I cut a piece of a PVC vinyl floor mat, heated it up in hot water and formed it up into the open void at the top of the front wheel wells. I zip-tied the PVC in a couple of places. Where it laid flat on the plastic wheel well, I applied some silicone adhesive & held it in place with duct tape.

20161219 062055 resized

We'll see how long it lasts, but I think it'll be good. I think it'll keep the wiring cleaner. The images suck, but you get the idea...

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Guys:
My P500 is a couple of weeks old now. I just wired in a switch plate & several LED lights. I notice in the front wheel wells there are open spaces that allow water and mud from the tires to fling up and would be hitting the underside of my switches & wiring etc.

View attachment 28894
Not the best. I did a quick scan for wheel well coverings on this forum, but the search was negative. Maybe I wasn't searching the right keywords... So I cut a piece of a PVC vinyl floor mat, heated it up in hot water and formed it up into the open void at the top of the front wheel wells. I zip-tied the PVC in a couple of places. Where it laid flat on the plastic wheel well, I applied some silicone adhesive & held it in place with duct tape.

View attachment 28893

We'll see how long it lasts, but I think it'll be good. I think it'll keep the wiring cleaner. The images suck, but you get the idea...
That's cool, though I've never had any issues as a result of the opening with any of my electrical. But it never hurts to have extra protection. Mama's going to begin to think you're married to that sxs lol.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!