P500 Wheel?

H

Haleorbust

Jul 30, 2019
Michigan
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Trying not to beat a dead horse. I have an 2018 500 and would like to upgrade the tires. I want to stay no bigger than 51 or 52 wide as I have some tight trails. I would prefer to use my stock rims and after reviewing posts on here I think I can only go as big as 26 in tire. Sound like 27's require larger rim. I am looking for comfort and function tread as half the time I am trying not to tear up yard when turning and the rest is laid back trail riding with wife and toddler. I am thinking 26 " with 1 inch spacers just to help with stability. The 5+2, 4+3 etc. Confuses me in regarded to rims or added width. This shop talk is new to me. Thanks in advance for advice or suggestions if you are running something similar to what I am inquiring about.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I have ITP Mud Lite 27" tires on stock rims with no spacers and I'm still at 50 inches wide.

Your gates must be dead nuts at 50" to warrant that set up Dog? Flat even trails too. Not being a dick and wouldn't lie to you. Plenty have tried it including me, even claimed it's stable, it's a frickin' puckerfest! A day at RRB and you'd have spacers in the cart.

Swampdog

Swampdog

Lifetime Member
Mar 19, 2020
Forgotten Coast, FL
Ownership

1. 500
If I added spacers, my P5 would be too wide to fit on my trailer. Whenever I upgrade my 20 year-old utility trailer, I will add spacers.

Reactions: trigger
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Spacers don't work well here in Colorado, the 50" gates are just a hair over 50" in most places. You can tell by looking at the yellow paint from the gate on the sides of my ride. New restricted trails are going to 51 1/2".

Reactions: GrnP500

25yrds

Oct 28, 2019
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
I have 27" Tusk Terabites on stock rims with 1.5" spacers and I still fit through the narrowest 50" gate we have .
Man, I really like the Terabites! Went with Coyotes. I like them too.

Reactions: Haleorbust

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!