Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
You may be waiting until October at the earliest.

Sent from my iPad 7G

Reactions: JACKAL
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
When will the 2017 be out?
Sometime in July Honda is going to have the 2017 SXS model line up information. It may not have pricing then but at least we will have an idea of what if any changes, updated, new models are in store for MY 2017. Could be October to December on availability depending upon model and how many 2016 of a given model are sitting at dealerships and warehouses.

Chipper

Chipper

May 30, 2016
Savannah GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am about to die for a 1000-5 and I have the money to get it now but should I wait to see what the 2017 model is and if any changes?? What is y'all's honest opinion and if anyone has any insider news, please.

P

PineTree

Sep 9, 2015
Andover, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think you would love the 2016 model, I have over 1200 miles on mine and haven't had any issues and I love the beast!!! But if Honda is going to release information about the 2017 Model Lineup here in July (which is only a few weeks away), hell ya might as well just wait and see what Honda has in store for the 2017's. Then once the information is out, you can decide. Might be minimal changes, might be major changes, might be new Models.....time will tell and trust me, your not the only one who is wanting to know what's next!!! Good Luck!!!

Chipper

Chipper

May 30, 2016
Savannah GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ten for and thank you, just itching real bad and got a price for a Camo 1000-5 out the door at 16,200, I want to wait to see if changes but don't think I can. Trying to invest in it so I won't have to buy again, been a rincon man for a very long time and now wanting to be in the side by side family, 1000-5 meets and exceeds all of my needs so just want to see if they make any changes to the gen1, but knowing Honda there won't be any...

P

PineTree

Sep 9, 2015
Andover, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You never know, there might be some changes. I probably wouldn't hold my breath for any big crazy changes, as I think over all the first year of the Pioneer 1000's have gone pretty well considering, others may think different. Will your Dealer not hold that deal for you? I would think if you explain to him that you are wanting to wait and see if there is anything new from Honda for the MY17, that he would hold that deal for you. Hell, put $500 down to hold the 1000-5 camo and if there is something new, just put it in the agreement that you can transfer that $500 over to the new 2017 model. Worth a shot to ask. If he wants your business, he'll bend a little.

Reactions: sharp
walexa07

walexa07

Lifetime Member
Feb 6, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If anything, that deal should get sweeter once the 2017's are out. If I was this close to news being released I would probably hold out. If they make any major changes/upgrades I may trade my 2016 in for the 2017.

Chipper

Chipper

May 30, 2016
Savannah GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you so much guys!!! And awesome ideas!!! Think I will wait a sec

advertisement
Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
My question is would the minor tweaks be worth waiting?

You will have to make the decision yourself, but if they might fix the seat heat on the P1000, in my experience it would be worth the wait for that alone.

Also, at least at Abernathy's, they seem to have a bunch of the P1000s (same floor models for the last 3 months and no one is ever test riding them). I would think that if they aren't selling that well and they have a new model year coming out, you might be able to score a much better deal on one.

Of course, who knows. I have heard/read that there are lots of Yamaha Wolverines sitting in warehouses but Abernathy's seems to keep selling out of them....

Reactions: PineTree
Chipper

Chipper

May 30, 2016
Savannah GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok thank you so much! I rode with a friend in his 1000-5 and he had done nothing to help with the heat and you are right, I will just have to wait for now and see if they any tweaks worth it, and if they don't I will still be getting a 2016, I am just too close to July and hopefully they release then so I can know exactly what to do, thank y'all so much for the info.

Reactions: PineTree
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You will have to make the decision yourself, but if they might fix the seat heat on the P1000, in my experience it would be worth the wait for that alone.

Also, at least at Abernathy's, they seem to have a bunch of the P1000s (same floor models for the last 3 months and no one is ever test riding them). I would think that if they aren't selling that well and they have a new model year coming out, you might be able to score a much better deal on one.

Of course, who knows. I have heard/read that there are lots of Yamaha Wolverines sitting in warehouses but Abernathy's seems to keep selling out of them....
Abernathys is a good dealership but they push polaris brand over the other brands!

Reactions: Crow_Hunter
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not long to wait and may be you will save $$$ on 2016 models

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Abernathys is a good dealership but they push polaris brand over the other brands!

Yes they do but for some reason they don't seem to be selling many Pioneers of any flavor. I have been up there bugging them at least every couple of weeks for the last 2 months :D and they still have the same Pioneers sitting while their Polaris stock has been changed several times over and even their Yamaha stock. The only ones that I have seen the same machines every time I go there are the several Pioneer 1000s they have and a Yamaha Viking Ranch edition that doesn't seem to ever move either. Other stuff is different every time I go.

I may be wrong but I bet they will have some P1000s left over.

(But I also thought the Wolverine wasn't selling that well either until I went to buy one and they were completely sold out.)

May 14, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes they do but for some reason they don't seem to be selling many Pioneers of any flavor. I have been up there bugging them at least every couple of weeks for the last 2 months :D and they still have the same Pioneers sitting while their Polaris stock has been changed several times over and even their Yamaha stock. The only ones that I have seen the same machines every time I go there are the several Pioneer 1000s they have and a Yamaha Viking Ranch edition that doesn't seem to ever move either. Other stuff is different every time I go.

(But I also thought the Wolverine wasn't selling that well either until I went to buy one and they were completely sold out.)
Take this with a grain of salt, but I was advised some dealers are sitting on their Pioneer stock due to 1000's either being in shut-down or coming up on it due to PM/model year switch, and they expect a dry up. In other words, whoever has them will be able to make good margin later. Rather than cutting them now, make margin in a month or two - esp. if the dry up is going to be prior to floor plan running out. It's not costing them anymore to sit on it within floor plan. I know the 700's are going to hit a big lag in production/availability due to the earthquake hitting the engine production factory. Maybe this would be cause for dealers to sit on them as well - if you have one of the few available, you can gross more margin.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I think around about two months ago they had a stop sale on the p1k because of a faulty door latch. Could be why they still had some of the same ones just a thought.

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Take this with a grain of salt, but I was advised some dealers are sitting on their Pioneer stock due to 1000's either being in shut-down or coming up on it due to PM/model year switch, and they expect a dry up. In other words, whoever has them will be able to make good margin later. Rather than cutting them now, make margin in a month or two - esp. if the dry up is going to be prior to floor plan running out. It's not costing them anymore to sit on it within floor plan. I know the 700's are going to hit a big lag in production/availability due to the earthquake hitting the engine production factory. Maybe this would be cause for dealers to sit on them as well - if you have one of the few available, you can gross more margin.

Could very well be.

Sounds very plausible although the prices at Abernathy have pretty much been the same for the last 2-3 months that I have been looking. Maybe this pricing went into effect earlier?

Interesting about the 700 engine plant. So that may delay/shoot down any type of a sport oriented SXS using the 680 engine for this year. (Which was one of my hopes)

Chipper

Chipper

May 30, 2016
Savannah GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So hard to wait but I am gonna wait!! Very excited!! What part of July you think the release will be???

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!