P1000 When will the 2017 be out?

Chipper

Chipper

May 30, 2016
Savannah GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just found out that there was a earthquake where they built the motors at and they don't know when any 2017 will be out and don't look like any changes and also it does look good for a 2017 sport model to come out and that was a true rumor....

Reactions: sharp and Hondasxs
62straight

62straight

Dec 24, 2015
Soo.. 2017 model info...... Anytime Honda. July 1 would b great

HotRodLincoln

HotRodLincoln

Apr 5, 2016
n.h.
I'm not real confidant Honda will fix the issues that plague the 016 1000. Most are a design issue and would require major change.
Smoked clutches.
Shuddering clutches.
Improper gear ratios / reverse.
Severe cab heat.
Inadequate cable sizing resulting in near immediate stretch and subsequent mis-adjustment.
Potential for water trap in engine air intake system.
Inadequate shocks.
Assembley wiring issues.
Annoying gear whine.

Did I miss any?

DRAGFOOT

DRAGFOOT

Lifetime Member
Mar 16, 2016
MINNESOTA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm not real confidant Honda will fix the issues that plague the 016 1000. Most are a design issue and would require major change.
Smoked clutches.
Shuddering clutches.
Severe cab heat.
Inadequate cable sizing resulting in near immediate stretch and subsequent mis-adjustment.
Inadequate shocks.
Assembley wiring issues.
Annoying gear whine.

Did I miss any?

Good! Go look elsewhere then and be done pissing and moaning around here. The issues you list are very minor in most instances. I love mine just like most people here do. I would do it again in a heartbeat. If it wasn't for a Honda, I wouldn't even own a SXS as I didn't own one myself previously but have a lot of experience with friends and family members and through employment.

walexa07

walexa07

Lifetime Member
Feb 6, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Smoked clutches.
Shuddering clutches.
Severe cab heat.
Inadequate shocks.
Assembley wiring issues.
Annoying gear whine.

Did I miss any?

Again, I don't know who you work for (canam, Polaris, Kawasaki), but I don't believe you have any genuine interest in a pioneer. Just for grins, let's talk about recent design flaws in the rzr lineup:

Front diff noise
Fuel manifolds cracking resulting in burned down machines
Carrier bearing issues
Reverse chain
Front prop shaft out of phase and out of balance
Leaking trannys from factory
Never ending regulator issues
Major clutch issues on some 2016 models
Overheating on the turbo models
Hilliard carrier issues in front diff (material issues)
Timing chain tensioner issues

I don't have to ask, "did I miss any", because I know I did. Pick the model or brand that is your favorite and I will break that one down just the same. Ride what you like, and go spew your drivel somewhere else.

Waylan

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Right on and Honda is the best utility for most customers. I have owned 3 Polaris, 2 Teryx, 2 Rhinos, a Wolverine, Yamaha YXZ, and 7 Honda side by sides and still have 4. I expect I will be buying another one later this year. The Polaris Ranger 900, RZR 900, and RZR 570 all needed lots of set up and I still had to do a lot of repair. They all have problems depending on use. Never had to be towed out with a Honda or Kawasaki.

Reactions: pct and joeymt33
ButchersHook

ButchersHook

May 13, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Smoked clutches.
Shuddering clutches.
Severe cab heat.
Inadequate shocks.
Assembley wiring issues.
Annoying gear whine.

Did I miss any?

Inadequate shocks were always an issue I had with my Honda 3-wheeler too. then I realized the rear tires were the shock!! Heat?!! check the inside of your thighs after mowing a woods for 2 Hrs on a 250 Big red.

Half your list are things people piss and moan about NOT design issues.

I have a hard time lighting my cigar with the top down on my Porsche...must be a design issue and require major change.

XtremeF150

XtremeF150

Aug 27, 2016
Cumming GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So still no input on changes to the 2017 lineup? Looking to pick up a new ride asap and would like to know if anyone has the inside scoop as the dealer is being tight lipped and seem more interested in moving 2016 stock.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
So still no input on changes to the 2017 lineup? Looking to pick up a new ride asap and would like to know if anyone has the inside scoop as the dealer is being tight lipped and seem more interested in moving 2016 stock.

I think we may hear something in November. Any changes is just speculation at this point but I wouldn't bet on much.

Welcome to the forum.

SIGNATURE:
CumminsPusher quote: Boredom + Pioneer = trouble for me. I can't stop. Damn these things guys. I thank god I'm not the only one though. If it's just you then you're crazy if it's a group it's a sport!

advertisement
hardlyworkin

hardlyworkin

Aug 5, 2016
Beckley, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't think it is the dealers being tight lipped. They really just don't know anything about the 2017 1000cc models. Honda is really good at keeping secrets.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't think it is the dealers being tight lipped. They really just don't know anything about the 2017 1000cc models. Honda is really good at keeping secrets.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk
Exactly right. I noticed that at the dealership the other day talking with them. This is also a multi brand dealership that pushes can am and polaris. It may be different at a honda powersports dealer.

Reactions: Elkhunter
H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I expect minor changes to the 2016 models but there may be a larger 5 bucket seat model with seating more like the 4 seat Teryx. Oh and some Sport models too.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!