Where to camp and ride (Eastern OR/Southern ID)

C

CWhitmarsh

May 29, 2020
Port Angeles, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I checked through a few posts and have a couple ideas, but I wanted to ask a specific question. Does anyone know good places to park a fifth wheel and be able to hit some trails in Eastern Oregon or Southern Idaho? I want to be able to ride from our camp site to the trails. We’re going to be there in about 4 or 5 days.

I appreciate any advice or suggestions.
Chris

aleaddict

aleaddict

Lifetime Member
Jan 17, 2021
Eagle, ID
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not sure if this helps but east of Riggins along the Salomon river is pretty sweet. That’ll put you right on the IDBDR. I’m pretty sure you can slam a 5th wheel is there somewhere but I’ve only traveled Hell’s Canyon on my adventure bike.

Reactions: CWhitmarsh
Q

Quailguy

Dec 17, 2018
Ca
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
The Owyhees north of Jordan Valley is awesome. Lots to see and miles of dirt roads to explore.

Reactions: Dirtstiffs-1000
J

JakeLemon

Feb 24, 2021
Boise
Ownership

1. 500
There are 2 popular areas for ATVing south of Boise. At the lower ends of each, there are plenty of places to dry camp, but very little shade. An actual huge "park" is called Hemingway Butte. The amount and variety of trails is truely awsome. The other is 20 miles further south in the area of Silver City. Here you can gain some elevation & find shade to dry camp. This is not a designated "park", but there are ATV clubs that maintain trails throughout. Right now, it's increadibly hot down there. Except for Silver City itself, I don't know of any high altitude areas except further north and east in Idaho.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A few places we like to hit in Southern Idaho are the Pine/Featherville area and the Trinity Mountains. There is a bunch of old mining areas around that are pretty cool to see. Speaking of another mining area there is a Mining Tour Loop around Mackay, Idaho and a big area called Copper Basin. They are both pretty UTV friendly areas, but make sure you follow the traffic rules around Pine and Featherville. We typically spend late summer between the Sun Valley to Stanley area but usually it is tough to ride right from camp. Another option is the area south of Twin Falls, that everyone calls the South Hills. There is camping by the Magic Mountain Ski Lodge on the Sawtooth National Forest, but last year they had a big fire so I can't tell you how it looks this year. Hopefully you can get out and let us know and see what you find.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!