GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
The listing says it all I need to rebuild one of my front Elka five's shocks, and was wondering if there was a shop here in the state's that could be recommended for the rebuild?

Reactions: TxDoc
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The listing says it all I need to rebuild one of my front Elka five's shocks, and was wondering if there was a shop here in the state's that could be recommended for the rebuild?
Shock rebuilds without wanting to change valving or anything isn't a difficult task. Just order a seal kit and oil. If you are comfortable wrenching on most other components then you can handle a shock rebuild yourself as well. Keep the parts in order and in the proper orientation and you'll be fine. As you disassemble put the pieces on a wire or something if it helps you keep it straight.

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Shock rebuilds without wanting to change valving or anything isn't a difficult task. Just order a seal kit and oil. If you are comfortable wrenching on most other components then you can handle a shock rebuild yourself as well. Keep the parts in order and in the proper orientation and you'll be fine. As you disassemble put the pieces on a wire or something if it helps you keep it straight.

Thanks 👍
I have no problem with taking it apart I thought they were charged with nitrogen gas?

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks 👍
I have no problem with taking it apart I thought they were charged with nitrogen gas?
Fox are Nitrogen. I believe Elka’s are oil. I’m sure their support would tell you 100% for certain though. I’d call (or email) them to verify first. You’ve got to get the seal kit and oil somewhere anyway.

Reactions: GPR1500SC

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!