Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I love the fact that the le comes with fox shocks. Got them on me truck and they are a deal breaker. But do I really need all the other options?
Welcome to the forum, I went with the D Lux mainly because I’m a control freak and liked the fact that I can decide 4W locked or not, the I4WD decides for you and I was a little put off by that. There are a bunch of guys here that have it and love it, and I’ve been on rides with guys that have it and they didn’t have any issues, I also went with the D Lux because of price, they made me an offer I couldn’t refuse. Although I have dumped a few $$$s into accessories so, you gotta decide which works for you. Good luck and pics or it didn’t happen.

Worse1

Worse1

Jul 14, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the LE couldnt be happier. Rides smooth and best of all, it already comes with the Fox shocks and a few accessories. No suspension upgrades needed out of the box. Unless youre a hardcore rider. Im not, I just use it for hunting and riding with the family on hills and trails. At the end its all about how much $$$ you have to burn. Whatever the decision, it’ll be a win win for you regardless. Its a Honda!! Good luck!!

Last edited:
B

bullyx

Mar 20, 2016
new york
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the forum, I went with the D Lux mainly because I’m a control freak and liked the fact that I can decide 4W locked or not, the I4WD decides for you and I was a little put off by that. There are a bunch of guys here that have it and love it, and I’ve been on rides with guys that have it and they didn’t have any issues, I also went with the D Lux because of price, they made me an offer I couldn’t refuse. Although I have dumped a few $$$s into accessories so, you gotta decide which works for you. Good luck and pics or it didn’t happen.
I too went deluxe just for the locking front mostly. No regrets.

D

dilligaff82

Jan 24, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If I had to do it all over again I’d buy the deluxe instead of the base. I’d rather have the mechanical locker in the front instead of more electrical voodoo. This things got enough of that in the transmission already. Reasons I wish I had the deluxe: body panels to do rear door storage mod and 14” wheels to give me more tire options when it comes replacement time. Sure, I could add that stuff on but if I just bought the deluxe I’d have it already and save money in the long run.

R

rickoshea

i also went deluxe over the i4wd.and after a year of owning it i went with the Elkas over the Fox shocks.nothing else on the le was worth the extra 4k canadian over the deluxe.i guess only you can decide if you need the other options.

IXInaplesIXI

IXInaplesIXI

Dec 2, 2020
South Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
X2 for exact same reasons

Reactions: Lady01 and Worse1
H

HondaTech

Unless you want I4wd, its not worth it.

The aluminum skids bend and make it a pain to get on and off once they do. Your gonna replace the stock ones anyway.

The bumper is Hondas accessory bumper, its not worth the money and bends just as easy as the stock one.

The painted panels are expensive if you ever want to replace them

Hill start is cool to play with, but nobody uses it and you'll forget you've have it.

Fox shocks can be added later

Honda should've given the LE a roof or winch instead

G

GEM1N1998

Oct 22, 2020
Lee's Summit
This is typically where you will have everyone justifying what they purchased.

I went LE because it was setup how i wanted it from the factory. I added a roof, windshield, winch and hit the trails.

I’ve beat the tar out of my aluminum skids and haven’t noticed any bending.

The adjustable shocks are great. Crank them to firm when i have the plow on the front and it barely squats.

The i4wd seems to get dogged on by a lot of people but I think it’s great. Honda did a good job in this tech arena and the system just works. You don’t have to even think about it. Just does it’s thing and has never left me thinking i needed an old school locker. I like not having to engage or disengage a locker when you are going through different terrain. The i4wd you just blast through or climb up it and keep going without even thinking about it.

The red suspension on the LE is a nice touch but that’s personal opinion.

I’m in no way shape or form dogging on the deluxe models. Just pointing out what I personally like about the LE. You won’t be disappointed with either model.

Right now it seems availability may make the choice for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jensenj71

Jensenj71

Lifetime Member
Nov 21, 2018
Meridian, Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went with the 2017 LE because the dealer has some left over prior year LEs that they got a deal on from Honda. The price difference was reasonable. I was also able to envision the LE brush bar powder coated in Honda red. The added LE components made sense for me and the i4wd was more or less icing on the cake.

All in all, the i4wd is impressive in the loose rocks. The front doesn't seem to push or skid as much as a locked front differential on icy surfaces, however the locked back differential still causes the front to feel like it is pushing.

I wish Honda allowed the i4wd to work with the rear differential unlocked to allow a difference in rear tire speed for turning. I spend most of my time in turf mode until I need more traction because it turns better on gravel roads in turf mode. It seems like i4wd could function with the front and rear differential unlocked to create 4wd traction with 2wd cornering.

Reactions: Lady01 and TripleB
advertisement
ACfixer

ACfixer

Global Warming Enthusiast
Lifetime Member
Jan 22, 2021
N/E Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine was strictly an availability choice really, but got the DLX. Yes, I will probably in time upgrade the shocks. The stock ones aren't horrible but there's room for improvement. I was a little put off by the I4wd as well, but I probably wouldn't have let that stop me from buying it... But I agree, they should come with a winch or a roof.

Options, well you're going to screw with the thing anyway OP. I have never know a soul that was telling the truth when they said they were going to leave their Jeep, Harley, or now side x side stock. Just not going to happen so don't lie to yourself and buy what you like and if it's the Dlx then just order some Fox shocks at the same time right? Just from my reading, the Dlx is a more buildable machine because you might not like some of the upgrades on the LE.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!