P1000 whinning noise

snkfoxes

snkfoxes

Mar 25, 2019
utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My husband bought a Pioneer 1000, he really knows nothing about engines, but to me it sounds whining. So my question is - do all Pioneer 1000 have a whining/squealing noise the whole time the are running? And if so is there something you can do to it to soften the noise?

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My husband bought a Pioneer 1000, he really knows nothing about engines, but to me it sounds whining. So my question is - do all Pioneer 1000 have a whining/squealing noise the whole time the are running? And if so is there something you can do to it to soften the noise?
Need to make a video of it and post it. YouTube is the best way.

Reactions: TheHoover

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
There are two constant noises (other than trans/solenoids shifting) that these machines make:
A differential gear whine that rises and falls in pitch with vehicle speed and
An engine "whistle" that rises and falls in pitch with engine speed.
Both are normal and do not affect the life of the machine. I haven't found any way to quiet them down. My engine whistle bothers me more than the gear whine though.

Reactions: snkfoxes
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There are two constant noises (other than trans/solenoids shifting) that these machines make:
A differential gear whine that rises and falls in pitch with vehicle speed and
An engine "whistle" that rises and falls in pitch with engine speed.
Both are normal and do not affect the life of the machine. I haven't found any way to quiet them down. My engine whistle bothers me more than the gear whine though.
Since the OEM exhaust is so quite, it makes other noise more noticeable. Change mufflers and you can't hear the whinning .... lol

Reactions: JTW and snkfoxes

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!