BOX1

P1000 Whiskey gets a couple of shiny new shot glasses

Whiskey1

Whiskey1

Dec 11, 2015
Arizona
Today the last of the parts arrived to install a set of round LED 'off-road' lights for the front of Whiskey. So after work, I got to it. Here are a few pics from the project. This wasn't so bad on the pocket book either, considering when I inquired with Honda, the necessary parts totaled close to $600.00. Let me know what you think of my first thread!

Whiskey1

Whiskey1

Dec 11, 2015
Arizona
Here are the bumper brackets. They fit perfectly.

Whiskey1

Whiskey1

Dec 11, 2015
Arizona
Next making the hole for the rocker switch...

Last edited:
Whiskey1

Whiskey1

Dec 11, 2015
Arizona
Wired the new 6 slot, 30 amp fuse block and relay under her hood...

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Looks good! I like those tires too.

Give us a comparison shot one day of how they compare to stock headlight please. We may be interested in something similar.

Thanks for the write up

Whiskey1

Whiskey1

Dec 11, 2015
Arizona
Looks good! I like those tires too.

Give us a comparison shot one day of how they compare to stock headlight please. We may be interested in something similar.

Thanks for the write up
I'll do!

Whiskey1

Whiskey1

Dec 11, 2015
Arizona
how do those tires do and did u have the big horn 2.0 before this set

I love them. I originally saw the sedona rockabilly tires on a turbo-charged can am something or other at the dealer where I purchased the Pioneer 1k, as the OEM rubber. They looked good and were the same size on all corners - and they actually had a set in the parts department. Yes, the P1k5 was delivered with the big horn 2.0. They aren't a bad tire and I do run the 26 inch Maxxis hoops on my p500. But I wanted a tire that was versitile for on and off the pavement. The rockabillies are more similar to an off-road truck tire as far as I can tell.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@Whiskey1 Looking good! Two questions the clamps for the lights were they bought separate? Second in the first full front picture looks like the tires have some serious toe out,is that just an optical illusion?

Whiskey1

Whiskey1

Dec 11, 2015
Arizona
@Whiskey1 Looking good! Two questions the clamps for the lights were they bought separate? Second in the first full front picture looks like the tires have some serious toe out,is that just an optical illusion?
Hello Jackal - yes the clamps were bought separate on eBay. I searched for 1.25 inch tube bumper clamps and got two that I considered. One was larger and made by old school, KC highlights. Remember them? But these were the best value for the use. The toe looks out but must be an illusion from the camera phone. It looks ok here in the garage lol. But I've been wrong before!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hello Jackal - yes the clamps were bought separate on eBay. I searched for 1.25 inch tube bumper clamps and got two that I considered. One was larger and made by old school, KC highlights. Remember them? But these were the best value for the use. The toe looks out but must be an illusion from the camera phone. It looks ok here in the garage lol. But I've been wrong before!
Thanks was liking the clamps design, I'm brainstorming an idea for the P1000 making a rear bumper / bed extender That will clamp up top an bolt on at bottom where OEM bumper would attach. Then use this a a platform for two 4 gal rotopax vertical one each side and a spare tire carrier on the back all made of 1.25" tubing.

And yes I remember the KC Highlighters from the 70's. :cool:

Reactions: Whiskey1
Carleton

Carleton

Nov 28, 2014
Utah
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
3 questions:

What size tires are those?
Do you have a lift or spacers or anything?
Did you take these pics before or after installing your wheel spacers (for width)?

By the way, awesome ride. I would love to have that build!

Whiskey1

Whiskey1

Dec 11, 2015
Arizona
3 questions:

What size tires are those?
Do you have a lift or spacers or anything?
Did you take these pics before or after installing your wheel spacers (for width)?

By the way, awesome ride. I would love to have that build!
They are 28s. No lift but I widened it 2.5 inches total (front and back). These pics were taken before the spacers were installed. And thank you for the complement, Carleton.

Carleton

Carleton

Nov 28, 2014
Utah
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
They are 28s. No lift but I widened it 2.5 inches total (front and back). These pics were taken before the spacers were installed. And thank you for the complement, Carleton.

Yea, that thing is sweet. I would like to see a photo or two of it with the wheel spacers on in the daylight if you ever get around to it. I know you had posted on another thread showing it at night... No worries if you don't get time. The machine is definitely giving me some good ideas if I ever get one of these.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!