P700 White smoke and loss of power

J

joec1056

Nov 19, 2020
Monroe, GA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Nice work. 😎🤘🏾 Any pics of your machine?
Here's a pic of it from a few months ago. When it was still smoking like hell.

E220B686 E74D 4C5B 9984 504D83D6D8E1

J

joec1056

Nov 19, 2020
Monroe, GA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Pretty good read. Looks like I’m in the same boat. I figured mine had something wrong. Spark plugs were wet and fouled to the point of not starting. Once I clean the plugs it fires right up. Compression on mine after it’s warmed is about 60 psi. I went to borescope but the camera was to big, But I could definitely tell the cylinder is wet.

View attachment 249208
So mine looks like it was bad valve seals, I bet your jug is scratched letting oil get past the piston. Reason I say that is, my piston barely had any gunk on it. Everything was on the valves. I bet if oil is getting past the piston it will burn on top of it. Best way to tell is to take it apart. The jug/piston/gasket kit I found when I thought I had that issues was about $550 for OEM cylinder and Namura piston and gaskets. Need to open her up first to verify though. Taking it apart was the easy part. Getting the new piston on was awful. Had to play find the clip multiple times in my garage...

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!