Why should I not buy a Pioneer?

C

cbbryan

May 12, 2017
Biloxi
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I plan on more of a general use vehicle. I want to be able to use it for hunting, riding, or work around the house. Never owned a Honda, but I'm familiar with Polaris issues others have had. This would be my first ATV I purchase. I'm pretty much sold on the Pioneer 1000 5 seater, possibly in blue. Just trying to do my research for what accessories are available and what issues y'all are having so I can know what I'm getting into.

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I plan on more of a general use vehicle. I want to be able to use it for hunting, riding, or work around the house. Never owned a Honda, but I'm familiar with Polaris issues others have had. This would be my first ATV I purchase. I'm pretty much sold on the Pioneer 1000 5 seater, possibly in blue. Just trying to do my research for what accessories are available and what issues y'all are having so I can know what I'm getting into.

If you have kids/others you want to ride around with you sometimes and you don't want one of the long limo style machines, the P1000-5 is the way to go.

Now if accessories are your thing (especially factory ones) the Honda is a little limited. The aftermarket is dominated by Polaris (market saturation) and Can Am dominates the factory accessories market (if you think you might want it, the Defender probably has something for it).

But Honda beats them both in build quality, durability and the ability to haul so many in a short wheelbase.

Once they figure out why random people's clutches fail without abuse they will be the absolute best machine on the market. The water ingestion and the seat heat are things you can fix at home cheaply although I really hope in the future they figure those out.

J

JTW

Do it you'll be happy! That's where the Honda shines... it's versatile!

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Deal!! But you may need to take yours off so I can finish!
There goes JTW

19750 0cfe5a6259018e0dca6e536c48c84c4d

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2

The fact that you posted this thread on here, tells me you are doing your homework, like a responsible consumer. You are definitely Honda material. Buy the 5 seater and we will help you accessorize it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!