Why should I not buy a Pioneer?

C

cbbryan

May 12, 2017
Biloxi
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hey everyone,

I've never owned a sxs or Honda atv, but I've decided that's what I want. I came here to look for good information. Are there any major issues or reasons not to purchase a Pioneer?

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Hey everyone,

I've never owned a sxs or Honda atv, but I've decided that's what I want. I came here to look for good information. Are there any major issues or reasons not to purchase a Pioneer?
(No)If you want it get it now you have to decide what size you want.

Reactions: joeymt33 and sharp
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You shouldn't buy a pioneer because they are really just too expensive. I am constantly having to spend money on accessories....And being a member here just makes it worse..Someone always has something new that I just can't ride without anymore. Then figure in the cost of dragging it from State to state to ride with some of the best people you'll ever meet. Hopefully this will help with your decision to not buy a pioneer:D
P.s. don't forget about the countless hours you will spend on this forum.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Wouldn't trade mine for anything, only shortfall to going with a Honda sxs is the lack of after market accessory support. They just haven't been around long enough. I wouldn't call that a major issue but it's an issue. Lots of us have found ways around that with custom mods but if you're the buy it and bolt it on type, you'll be limited.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
If you like to work on a broken machine on the weekends or out on the trail you better stay away from pioneers.

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
A nail bar??? Sounds like my kind of establishment!! Sooo, are you supposed to tip the hookers?
only for a happy ending.

OP I'm in a place now where I'm dying to get travel and more of a sport ride. Unfortunately Honda is not there yet. But what keeps me from leaving Honda is reliability. I trust my ride when I'm 8 miles into the woods. There's a reason Pols and Cans ride in packs. Ths way there is someone to drive you out of the woods

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Depends on what you want to do with it. All of the Pioneers are pretty good machines but they are better all around machines than they are specific use machines. If you have a specific use in mind, there might be a better machine out there for your use.

Such as, if you are looking for machine you can add a 5" lift and 34" tires, you don't want to buy the Honda. There are better machines for that.

If you want a high quality multipurpose machine that is quiet, fun to drive, durable and can haul 4-5 people in the footprint of a normal 2-3 person machine, then Honda is your ONLY choice.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I you like changing belts in the middle of the woods, duct taping a arms back together and getting towed back to camp by a Honda, then by all means, shop the others. If you want to ride 150 miles a day with no worries other than having enough fuel. Honda Pioneer 1000 all day!

J

JTW

OP... So, are you the kind of guy that's going to keep his machine or trade every couple years? Are you looking for just trail riding or do you need a dual purpose machine? Family and kids with you? We need more info... I have a p1000-5 and love it..

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!