Why should the automotive manufacturer be responsible?

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
After watching another liberal spot on leaving a child in a hot car, why should the auto manufacturers be responsible for warning the parents that they left their child in the car? Since when did a child become something that a parent has to be reminded that they are in the back seat? This particular spot suggested to leave your cell phone or keys or something of value on the back seat so as not to forget. WTH, when our kids were growing up they were very important to us and were gotten out immediately. It pisses me off to see society delegitimize children's importance. Rant off.

RSMark5

RSMark5

May 10, 2019
NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Preaches about lack of personal responsibility.

Blames current generation.

Created and raised current generation.

*insert surprised pikachu*

Oh you boomers.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
After watching another liberal spot on leaving a child in a hot car, why should the auto manufacturers be responsible for warning the parents that they left their child in the car? Since when did a child become something that a parent has to be reminded that they are in the back seat? This particular spot suggested to leave your cell phone or keys or something of value on the back seat so as not to forget. WTH, when our kids were growing up they were very important to us and were gotten out immediately. It pisses me off to see society delegitimize children's importance. Rant off.
DUUUUU, off!

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Why not, I mean the latest offerings have all kinds electronic garbage in them ( blind spot radar, adaptive cruise control etc, etc) all in the guise of making our vehicles safer we are told. Heck even my 05 Taurus knows if I have a passenger. Typical techie response, let’s put a sensor on it mentality.

Here I thought I was responsible for the privilege to drive by driving my vehicle in a responsible manner.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can not imagine any parent just 'not caring' about if they left a kid in the car. I am not referring to the drunks that go into the bar and leave kids in the car, but rather things like a parent going to work, but TODAY has the non typical extra duty of dropping the kid off at day care. I can understand how it could happen. 99 days in a row you have the habit of going straight to work ..... and today your 'habit' overrode the additional stop of day care. When the kid falls asleep there is nothing to break the silence of the 99 day habit.

I can not imagine the torment that parent feels. I could not find them guilty of a crime.

Back BEFORE the govt mandated kids HAVING to be in the rear of vehicle, I never heard of such things happening.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Why not, I mean the latest offerings have all kinds electronic garbage in them ( blind spot radar, adaptive cruise control etc, etc) all in the guise of making our vehicles safer we are told. Heck even my 05 Taurus knows if I have a passenger. Typical techie response, let’s put a sensor on it mentality.

Here I thought I was responsible for the privilege to drive by driving my vehicle in a responsible manner.
HA! Welcome to today's new thinking! Toilet paper is coming out with instructions next month!

RSMark5

RSMark5

May 10, 2019
NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I guess it's all his fault? U just proved his point. Lol

Be the light you want to see in the world.

If you wanted "this generation" to know about personal responsibility, maybe they should have been raised to have personal responsibility. So take some personal responsibility for "this generation" not turning out like you want. As for me, I'm far too old to be in "this generation" but far too young to be in "that generation". Just take the kids out of the car. But like George Carlin said, never under estimate the power of stupid people.

Mopower58

Mopower58

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3

If you wanted "this generation" to know about personal responsibility, maybe they should have been raised to have personal responsibility. So take some personal responsibility for "this generation" not turning out like you want. As for me, I'm far too old to be in "this generation" but far too young to be in "that generation". Just take the kids out of the car. But like George Carlin said, never under estimate the power of stupid people.
My wife and I together raised 5 children, they range in age from 28-35 and I can assure you they all know about personal responsibility. The amount of a new vehicle's price will be reflected by this feature regardless of how you and I raise our children.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

I did my part. U cant fix stoopid even with duct tape. Lol

Cyberjunk

Cyberjunk

Berserker
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2017
Crane Hill Alabama
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 700-4
The one that gets me is the medication commercials that warn against taking the medications if your allergic to it ........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigshow

Bigshow

Lifetime Member
Jul 11, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
In my opinion it all comes down to a couple generations being raised by daycare, split family's, and Grandparents (nothing against grandparents, but their job is to spoil grandchildren not install morale's and values). Day care do not install morale's and values, they worry about not letting the kid get hurt and inturn sued. Alot of split family's I have seen the parents worry more about getting back at the other parent than raising the child or one parent is missing all together. So to me the problems comes from both parents having to work or one of the parents gave up on the other. I think one parent should be a stay at home raising the kids and our society would be alot better off. But I also say Hitler is winning WWII 74 years after the fighting was over. Hitler and the Nazi's took Rosie the riveter out of the house and put her into the factory's. Divorce rate, drug use, out of wed lock children have all been on a steady rise since then.

Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In my opinion it all comes down to a couple generations being raised by daycare, split family's, and Grandparents (nothing against grandparents, but their job is to spoil grandchildren not install morale's and values). Day care do not install morale's and values, they worry about not letting the kid get hurt and inturn sued. Alot of split family's I have seen the parents worry more about getting back at the other parent than raising the child or one parent is missing all together. So to me the problems comes from both parents having to work or one of the parents gave up on the other. I think one parent should be a stay at home raising the kids and our society would be alot better off. But I also say Hitler is winning WWII 74 years after the fighting was over. Hitler and the Nazi's took Rosie the riveter out of the house and put her into the factory's. Divorce rate, drug use, out of wed lock children have all been on a steady rise since then.

Sorry Bigshow But I think that Grandparents have every responsibility to teach morals and values, just as parents do. But the parents that cannot or do not teach morals and values probably did not learn them from the Grandparents in the first place! There is so much wrong with this sector of America and change will not begin until we get rid of the liberal leadership and teachers who do not teach true American history (Good and Bad). Who do not teach American values and what made this country great and the envy of the world in the first place. Rich or poor, single or married its every parents and Grandparents responsible to teach the kids Respect, responsibility and consequences. And its societies responsibility to make sure that offenders who did not get the message are held to that standard of behavior (looking at you Antifa) and Liberal fake news.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Sorry Bigshow But I think that Grandparents have every responsibility to teach morals and values, just as parents do. But the parents that cannot or do not teach morals and values probably did not learn them from the Grandparents in the first place! There is so much wrong with this sector of America and change will not begin until we get rid of the liberal leadership and teachers who do not teach true American history (Good and Bad). Who do not teach American values and what made this country great and the envy of the world in the first place. Rich or poor, single or married its every parents and Grandparents responsible to teach the kids Respect, responsibility and consequences. And its societies responsibility to make sure that offenders who did not get the message are held to that standard of behavior (looking at you Antifa) and Liberal fake news.
I agree with what you're saying but it ain't gonna happen. Liberals are growing like weeds and the working man is a dying breed. Another 20 years of this and there will never be another conservative person elected unless the democratic party truly splits.

Bigshow

Bigshow

Lifetime Member
Jul 11, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Redmoon I can not argue with what you said one bit.

TripleB I am afraid you are right. Feel sorry for my 3 year old son that he will never know the United States that I did growing up in the 70's and 80's.

Mopower58

Mopower58

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I agree with what you're saying but it ain't gonna happen. Liberals are growing like weeds and the working man is a dying breed. Another 20 years of this and there will never be another conservative person elected unless the democratic party truly splits.
You can ask anyone around here,especially the self employed people with smaller businesses.It is hard to find good,dependable, hard working people who have dependable transportation and aren't looking for a free ride up the ladder. They want big money up front and aren't willing to work for it.

Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I agree with what you are saying. But I don't believe that we are lost yet. Trump is doing his best to turn the big Liberal boat around and he needs our support in 2020 more than ever. Its our job to make sure that he gets that opportunity and we do that by voting! We as Conservatives are the biggest b****ing do nothing group of people around and the Dems count on that. WE HAVE TO VOTE IN 2020 or your prediction will come true and I don't want to see an America where the 4 Horse Women of the Apocalypse and crazy Joe are in charge.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
I was amazed about the part saying to leave you phone in the back seat so you don't forget the kids back there, meaning now days these so called parents forget about their children but they won't forget their phones!!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!