Why should the automotive manufacturer be responsible?

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
True story, friends daughter made the grandmother put her shoes in the back seat with the kid and drive barefoot as a reminder. Saw the news story, terrible thing that happened to those twins. Also disagree in holding gun manufacturers liable for gun incidents.

Bigshow

Bigshow

Lifetime Member
Jul 11, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
It seems some parents need to tie their cell phone around their kids necks at water parks also.

Took my son (Colby 3) and his half sister (Chloe 14) and her friend to Sandcastle waterpark in Pittsburgh yesterday. At the end of the day on our way to leave the park, Chloe wanted dipping dots icecream. As Colby and I was sitting near by waiting, I noticed an around 2 year old little girl walking around by herself. I watched her for 5 to 6 minutes and could find no adult watching over her. At this point the little girl wandered further away from where I first spotted her and was going out of my line of sight. Colby and I got up and took after her. She rounded some buildings going further away form where I first seen her. I told some park workers what I thought I had and they looked at me like I was dumb. She walked up to some people and I asked if she belong to them and they said no. I picked her up and walked back to the booth that I had told we needed some help and that I thought we had a lost kid. One said they would call security, so Colby and I sat down with the little girl waiting on security to show up. A few minutes later two girls maybe 13 and 14 come over and said that is our little sister, can we have her. I asked them a couple questions and they said her name and she responded, so I gave her to them. I watched where they went. They went to a set of parents and another kid that was laying in the shade on a blanket. Did not seem overly concerned that the little girl had been gone over 20min and was 2 walk ways away separated by buildings, prob over 800' out of their sight. Now maybe I am an over protected parent, but I would feel lucky my kid was out of my sight that long and far away and was fine. Not that it mattered, but no one even said thanks for looking out for their little girl.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
9E76E883 7CE7 49A8 888E 61D146B94614

Bigshow

Bigshow

Lifetime Member
Jul 11, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Good job @Bigshow . Sounds like the big sisters needed some discipline also, and better role models than their parents.
Thank you. I agree there. I just could not believe they was not looking for her.

Bigshow

Bigshow

Lifetime Member
Jul 11, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Good sh** Bigshow! Like to think most of us would do the same, I know I would.
Discipline now days is a time out or your phone taken away. You tend to pay more attention when it's an ass whippin' at stake. ;)

My Ex (Colby's mom) is all about the time out and/or standing in the corner. Let me tell you it works so awesome, NOT! Luckily so far 95% plus of the time I just have to talk or raise my voice and he listens.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
My Ex (Colby's mom) is all about the time out and/or standing in the corner. Let me tell you it works so awesome, NOT! Luckily so far 95% plus of the time I just have to talk or raise my voice and he listens.
And surprise! SWAT, NO WARNING! I never yelled at my kids, just a surprise swat!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well of COURSE it's the auto manufacturers fault.

Just like its the firearms manufacturers fault when someone gets killed with a gun!:confused:

f***ing idiots. Commons sense isn't very common anymore.
I bought the cheap Toyota Tundra, , $ 38,000.00 rig, dam side view mirrors are so big I can't see very well at intersections, I'm short, 5.5 feet tall and that is there fault that I can't see. Seat is to short and can't see over the side mirrors. The $ 55,000.00 Tundra rigs have adjustable seats in height. Should I sue for discrimination? HA!

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If my kids acted up I would start counting to 3. They knew if I ever got to two there was a butt whipping to be had. After around their age of 2 thankfully I didn't have to count much at all.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Every generation complains about the generation behind them - well except for Gen X. No one really cares about them lol. However the fact still remains that when your older you will complain /find fault with the generation that is currently younger adults 20-30’s. Yes people made much the same complaints about your generation.

When my son was an infant I used to be scared to death about even the slightest possibility of leaving g him in the car ... never came close but now that he is 9 I have passed his school headed to work when he pipes up and ask when I plan on dropping him off a time or two.

Too many warning reminders and such are first world problems - I used to complain about road work ahead signs as they started like 2 miles out and had reminders every quarter mile - seemed excessive until I had to spend quite a lot time in Puerto Rico - there you would be traveling down the highway and all of a sudden you would see the car in front of you start going left and right - reveling that the middle lane (the one you are in ) is closed ... like in 30ft the extent of your vision - causing you to have to make a split second decision in big city like traffic. Now I don’t mind all the road work ahead signs

Today’s generation is growing up in a much different world. I sit here this morning with my 9 year old beside me on Fortnite - engaging in conversation with all his friends. He is 9 and will eventually get his drivers license but he will not be driving a car when he is my age..

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Good sh** Bigshow! Like to think most of us would do the same, I know I would.
Discipline now days is a time out or your phone taken away. You tend to pay more attention when it's an ass whippin' at stake. ;)
My father made paddles and drilled holes in them. No doubt child abuse today....

Reactions: Bigshow and trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I've always used the 5 yr rule.
Every 5 yrs you look back and think what a dumbass you were. Of course you don't realize it but that goes on until you're about 40, then it's not so drastic. So if you're under 40 right now...o_O:D

Bigshow

Bigshow

Lifetime Member
Jul 11, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Ranger 406 I can understand forgetting to drop him off on your way to work, but I bet you didn't forget he was in the car with you. I didn't become a Dad till I was 43. Never had to worry about kids and drove like an idiot all the time. Once I become a Dad that all changed. I might miss where I was going, but I never forget that he is in the car with me and drive respectable now. I just can not comprehend how people forget their kids in the car and or the shopping cart. One of my local stores have signs entering and leaving asking if you are forgetting something with a picture of a child on the sign. Just blows my mind.

Montecresto- I always had to wear a belt, and when I needed correcting, I had to take my own belt off and hand my Dad! Talk about physiological. That made the punishment twice as hard. Once when I was 14/15 and bigger than him (him 6' 190#, me at 12- 6'1" 220# and stronger, I could military press him) he told me to go in his shop and get a piece of 3/8 fuel line, 3' 4" long and if it was not exactly that I was getting it worse. So with trembling hands I go and get a piece of fuel line to those dimensions and bring back ready to take an a butt whooping. I handed him the fuel hose and he measured it to make sure it was correct. When it was he made sure I knew what I had did wrong, then told me to go put it on the trencher. That the one on it was leaking. Talk about a physch job! Do not feel I was ever abused, just raised right.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!