Why should the automotive manufacturer be responsible?

L2R

L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
I heard this sound bite last week on TV (talking about our commitment to landing on the moon in the early '60's) and it hit me.
50+ years to go from JFK's greatest speech to this:

Ask not what you can do for your country.
Ask what your country can do for you!

Last edited:
J

JTW

I heard this sound bite last week on TV (talking about our commitment to landing on the moon in the early '60's) and it hit me.
50+ years to go from JFK's greatest speech to this:

Ask not what you can do for your country.
Ask what your country can do for you!
I was just b****ing at a dumbass millennial I went to college with about the the meaning of this very statement and how much the Democratic Party has changed since then.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I was just b****ing at a dumbass millennial I went to college with about the the meaning of this very statement and how much the Democratic Party has changed since then.
I wonder if Democrats can do simple math? You can't give away more than you earn! Unless you have a surplus and not a deficit?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I wonder if Democrats can do simple math? You can't give away more than you earn! Unless you have a surplus and not a deficit?
They don’t give a s***. They just want the vote from the lazies so they can stay corrupt and continue to screw the public

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500

Your not listening.
I'm not saying I agree, but they are smart in a way you have not yet grasped.
AOC seams to like MMT:
Modern Monetary Theory - Wikipedia
Partially this is akin to printing money but with a few twists thrown in.
(actually not so different than what the country has been doing for the last $22 trillion)

L2R

L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
I don't know where to hunt for it now but I read it years ago that Joe Kennedy Sr. convinced FDR to spend more than you have.
It was based on the idea that as the population grows so will the work force and the taxes that follow to cover the debt.
And I guess it worked until the work force contracted, the recessions took place and well, politicians got more greedy and thus we have people in power who are-
STUCK ON STUPID

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Your not listening.
I'm not saying I agree, but they are smart in a way you have not yet grasped.
AOC seams to like MMT:
Modern Monetary Theory - Wikipedia
Partially this is akin to printing money but with a few twists thrown in.
(actually not so different than what the country has been doing for the last $22 trillion)
Spending more than you have is smart? We have a business and no line of credit, we do just fine that way, I have a credit card some where in my bill fold, I operate personally with green backs that are in my bill fold, when I bought my Elka Stage 5 shocks, went to the bank and got a cashiers check, sent it to Canada, Elka's accounting dept. called me and wanted to know what it was, I had to explain they could take it to there bank and cash it immediately, not wait 2 or 3 days for it to clear, and covered that with the bill fold money, a little under $ 3,000.00! I don't spend it unless I've got it in my bill fold. Looked it up a couple hours ago, the last year the US had a 0 debit was 1/8/1835, we had had some fluctuations since but we've been going in the hole for a long time, our politicians are selling our country, we need a balanced budget! No bank would consider a loan to a business without a financial report, ours/US would look like crap! I forget when we stopped backing money with gold and just started printing money with nothing backing it's value, wonder what happened to the gold? Yea I may not listen, but I look at the numbers, I can do the math.

Last edited:
J

JTW

Spending more than you have is smart? We have a business and no line of credit, we do just fine that way, I have a credit card some where in my bill fold, I operate personally with green backs that are in my bill fold, when I bought my Elka Stage 5 shocks, went to the bank and got a cashiers check, sent it to Canada, Elka's accounting dept. called me and wanted to know what it was, I had to explain they could take it to there bank and cash it immediately, not wait 2 or 3 days for it to clear, and covered that with the bill fold money, a little under $ 3,000.00! I don't spend it unless I've got it in my bill fold. Looked it up a couple hours ago, the last year the US had a 0 debit was 1/8/1835, we had had some fluctuations since but we've been going in the hole for a long time, our politicians are selling our country, we need a balanced budget! No bank would consider a loan to a business without a financial report, ours/US would look like crap! I forget when we stopped backing money with gold and just started printing money with nothing backing it's value, wonder what happened to the gold? Yea I may not listen, but I look at the numbers, I can do the math.
So you can count to one?

H

HondaTech

I've always said too many warnings and precautions have allowed stupid people to make it to an age where they have responsibilities they cant handle.

But then the court system allows this stuff to be a thing by allowing people to sue companies when they f*** up and want someone to blame. Nobody thinks their liable for their own actions and that it's the products or manufacturers fault they did stupid s*** and almost died.

It all started with the fan warning on the radiator shroud, some dumbass cut their fingers off and that warranted a warning.

Half the people today would've neve made it past being a kid if they lived back in the 50s or 60s.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I've always said too many warnings and precautions have allowed stupid people to make it to an age where they have responsibilities they cant handle.

But then the court system allows this stuff to be a thing by allowing people to sue companies when they f*** up and want someone to blame. Nobody thinks their liable for their own actions and that it's the products or manufacturers fault they did stupid s*** and almost died.

It all started with the fan warning on the radiator shroud, some dumbass cut their fingers off and that warranted a warning.

Half the people today would've neve made it past being a kid if they lived back in the 50s or 60s.
Yep! My Toyota hood has a sticker on the underneath side that says, using this as a snow sled can kill you! HA!

R

Rockydog

Jan 16, 2019
Canada
After watching another liberal spot on leaving a child in a hot car, why should the auto manufacturers be responsible for warning the parents that they left their child in the car? Since when did a child become something that a parent has to be reminded that they are in the back seat? This particular spot suggested to leave your cell phone or keys or something of value on the back seat so as not to forget. WTH, when our kids were growing up they were very important to us and were gotten out immediately. It pisses me off to see society delegitimize children's importance. Rant off.

People like that should have to endure the same thing then,thrown in jail and left there. Maybe things would change when the word got out. No brainer for the people with no brains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!