Why should the automotive manufacturer be responsible?

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ranger 406 I can understand forgetting to drop him off on your way to work, but I bet you didn't forget he was in the car with you. I didn't become a Dad till I was 43. Never had to worry about kids and drove like an idiot all the time. Once I become a Dad that all changed. I might miss where I was going, but I never forget that he is in the car with me and drive respectable now. I just can not comprehend how people forget their kids in the car and or the shopping cart. One of my local stores have signs entering and leaving asking if you are forgetting something with a picture of a child on the sign. Just blows my mind.

Montecresto- I always had to wear a belt, and when I needed correcting, I had to take my own belt off and hand my Dad! Talk about physiological. That made the punishment twice as hard. Once when I was 14/15 and bigger than him (him 6' 190#, me at 12- 6'1" 220# and stronger, I could military press him) he told me to go in his shop and get a piece of 3/8 fuel line, 3' 4" long and if it was not exactly that I was getting it worse. So with trembling hands I go and get a piece of fuel line to those dimensions and bring back ready to take an a butt whooping. I handed him the fuel hose and he measured it to make sure it was correct. When it was he made sure I knew what I had did wrong, then told me to go put it on the trencher. That the one on it was leaking. Talk about a physch job! Do not feel I was ever abused, just raised right.
@Bigshow - I never forgot, but I also don’t think 99% of the people it has happened to intended to forget their kid.. I can’t even imagine. But it does happen unfortunately

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Montecresto- I always had to wear a belt, and when I needed correcting, I had to take my own belt off and hand my Dad! Talk about physiological. That made the punishment twice as hard. Once when I was 14/15 and bigger than him (him 6' 190#, me at 12- 6'1" 220# and stronger, I could military press him) he told me to go in his shop and get a piece of 3/8 fuel line, 3' 4" long and if it was not exactly that I was getting it worse. So with trembling hands I go and get a piece of fuel line to those dimensions and bring back ready to take an a butt whooping. I handed him the fuel hose and he measured it to make sure it was correct. When it was he made sure I knew what I had did wrong, then told me to go put it on the trencher. That the one on it was leaking. Talk about a physch job! Do not feel I was ever abused, just raised right.
Nice story Big, I wasn’t suggesting that my father was abusive, only that it’s likely consider so by today’s standards. I have no illusions about his love and affection, discipline was just different then.

Bigshow

Bigshow

Lifetime Member
Jul 11, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Nice story Big, I wasn’t suggesting that my father was abusive, only that it’s likely consider so by today’s standards. I have no illusions about his love and affection, discipline was just different then.
Was not taking it that your father was abusive in any way, sorry if my reply suggested that. Agree to discipline is different and how it was used on us is considered abuse today.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Was not taking it that your father was abusive in any way, sorry if my reply suggested that. Agree to discipline is different and how it was used on us is considered abuse today.
Cool, I didn’t want to leave a misleading impression....

Reactions: Bigshow and Mudwing
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Personally, I dont give a rat's butt what society today considers ABUSIVE. Kinda like right and wrong, which does NOT change with time, but only in a simpleton mind. I raise/punish my kids/grandkids just as my parents did me.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!