Will the Pioneer 700-4 seat 4 adults?

R

Redrider

Jun 3, 2013
Unlike most 4 up SxS's on the market, Honda has managed to devise a way to seat 4 while maintaining a decent wheel base from front to rear at only 76.8 inches. This makes me ask, how did they do that and is the 2 rear seats "kids" seats?

R

Redrider

Jun 3, 2013
Thanks. I read the review and think an adult can fit but I'm sill worried it will be a tight fit. I will have to make my own decision on it when i get to see it in person.

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
Recently had a disturbing thought that came through my mind.
No doubt the engineers at Honda have addressed this, but what if...

You're cruising along in your 700-4 with passengers in the rear seats. You have a slight grade up ahead so in consideration of the weight on board, you increase the throttle somewhat.
What if the locking mechanism on the bed releases. Guess who is now going from trail scenery to blue sky?

I know, I know, they've thought of this and got the fix....but what if?

Just saying....LOL!

greenatv

greenatv

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2013
Ownership

1. 1000-5
hahaha.. yep. what if?
I too will be looking at the locking latch to see how it works. Im sure it that once u tilt the rear seat back up it changes something that will not let it dump.
gueas we will see.

O

onlyhonda

Oct 2, 2013
to answer the op's question. I am 6' 175lbs. one of the salesmen here is about the same size. We both rode in the rear comfortably. I was really surprised at the room in the back. also. when the rear seat are up even if not locked back the bed will not tilt "dump". hope that helps

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm 6' 2". After looking at the rear seats, i thought no way would an adult fit. To my surprise, when i climbed back there, not only did i fit...but it was actually pretty comfy.

Jerry3

Jerry3

Lifetime Member
Jul 8, 2013
Arkville, NY
I have around 100 miles on my 700 4, and a few of the miles I decided to ride in the back. I'm 5'10 and 200 lbs, and I thought it was a very comfortable ride. I was very impressed.

B

Bfree

Sep 20, 2013
Good to see these reviews. This has been 1 of my reservations as well. I haven't had the opportunity to sit in 1 of these yet but Ive looked at them in person and thought I don't know I think my RZR 4 may have more room in the rear and that's not saying a lot. The RZR 4 is tight for me in the front and in the rear and Im 5'10 185lbs. Everything Im reading on this site just makes me want a Pioneer 4 even more. We'll C.

F

foggy

Sep 13, 2013
I had 4 riders on Sat. All were adult men and all were from 160 to 230 lbs.....and from 5'10 to 6'2" tall. EVERYONE was comfortable and all remarked how nice the ride was. Front AND back seats are great.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-01-28 at 10.19.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-28 at 10.19.58 PM.png
    506.4 KB · Views: 742
winnscollision

winnscollision

Aug 24, 2013
Saluda SC
Made my cousin, who is a healthy youngin,sit in back and after a short ride couldn't get him back up front. He said he likes the back better than the front.

Image zps628caba6

R

realcdn

Oct 2, 2013
Hi bfree,
I'm a bit surprised to hear you are switching from a rzr4 to the pioneer 4. i.e. Going from a pure sport to utility/sport. Can you tell me your reasons for doing so?
I've been shopping/researching for a while now and keep going back and forth on whether a lesser hp utility type sxs will be enough for me or if I need to spend more and get a sport!?!?
Cheers

S

_stranger

Sep 29, 2013
Newfoundland Labrador
Encouraging. Of course, as mentioned ..like others here, I can't wait to sit in a 2 seater and verify the comfort factor. I'm keeping my fingers crossed as ...meh, well...could be a deal breaker (maybe)

Nice to hear tall drivers are comfortable in the 2 seater. I'm a husky 6'2.

Called dealer Tueaday. Olive 2 seater in their possession by mid October. Gosh .. I hope I have the deneiro organized by then. Will have to wait and see

(Stay positive Dean, stay positive)

S

_stranger

Sep 29, 2013
Newfoundland Labrador
winnscollision said:
Made my cousin, who is a healthy youngin,sit in back and after a short ride couldn't get him back up front. He said he likes the back better than

Can totally see why. Young fellow looks pretty relaxed and content perched in the back seat with beverage in hand ...

Is he still there now ? :D

M

Mandride

Sep 17, 2013
I am 300 and I sat in the back with another adult and also had two in the front and found the ride to be great and as well was surprised at how well it still pulled in my proving grounds. This is awesome unit. I have women in the back, make sure you use the nets for the ones that don't like limbs and brush.

RacerX400600

RacerX400600

Jun 22, 2013
With easy access to the cooler like that I could see why the back would be appealing. :)

B

Bfree

Sep 20, 2013
realcdn said:
Hi bfree,
I'm a bit surprised to hear you are switching from a rzr4 to the pioneer 4. i.e. Going from a pure sport to utility/sport. Can you tell me your reasons for doing so?
I've been shopping/researching for a while now and keep going back and forth on whether a lesser hp utility type sxs will be enough for me or if I need to spend more and get a sport!?!?
Cheers

Since purchasing my RZR 4 and using it over the last 4 yrs, Ive found that its too pure sport if that's possible. I purchased some land and need more utility than the Rzr 4 offers. Also the RZR 4 is long and takes a 40 acre field to turn it around and my land is mntnous so the trails are tight, hence all the reason to consider a Pioneer 4. If I can swing it and I can talk the Mrs. into it, Ill keep the RZR 4 and get me a P4 that would give me the best of both worlds. BUT, thats just wishful thinking.

Don't get me wrong I love the RZR 4, it rides like a Cadillac and has very good power but I'm just looking to get a lil more utility and keep a 4 seater at the same time.

M

Mandride

Sep 17, 2013
BigRiver said:
Recently had a disturbing thought that came through my mind.
No doubt the engineers at Honda have addressed this, but what if...

You're cruising along in your 700-4 with passengers in the rear seats. You have a slight grade up ahead so in consideration of the weight on board, you increase the throttle somewhat.
What if the locking mechanism on the bed releases. Guess who is now going from trail scenery to blue sky?

I know, I know, they've thought of this and got the fix....but what if?

Just saying....LOL!
There is a safety mechanism that prevents that from happening. If you pull the lever it will only raise a fraction and there is another catch that is engaged after you lift the seats. So no issue.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Both seats have to be down to trigger the mechanism that releases the dump bed. It's simple but very effective. I wondered about that before I bought it myself.

T

Tokat

Sep 26, 2013
I just finished my first service with 106 miles on my Pioneer 4. ALL miles have been with 4 people in it with some in the back as tall as 6 ft 4in. Everyone totally amazed with the room and comfort and the climbing power. It will not win a drag race but will climb a mountain with no problems!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!