P700 Winch installation

G

Gacoonhunter

Aug 2, 2018
Middle Georgia
Ownership

1. 700-2
Im looking at buying the KFI Stealth 4500 and wanted to get everything in one purchase. I wanted the plug and play accessory harness but not sure which one to get. I’ve read numerous threads and they all say something different. I have the 2017 700-2. On my phone so hard to remember part numbers but the one that plugs into the diagnostics port is the only one that looks like it would work on my machine. The other for the Ac outlet I can’t seem to find where the other end would go. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for all and any help.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Do new 700's have a diagnostic port? I'm not sure I've ever heard of a winch that plugged into the ac outlet, doesn't seem that would supply enough power to run a winch. Maybe you could post some links to the options you're looking at so we can better understand your question. As far as I know the closest thing to plug and play would be the factory Honda winch and mounting kit

And by the way welcome to the club!

G

Gacoonhunter

Aug 2, 2018
Middle Georgia
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks I’m glad to be here!

Here are 3 that I’m looking at. The first one plugs into the “diagnostic port” from what I’ve read and will work supposedly. Mine has a capped plug on the right side under the hood that looks like this would plug into. Not sure if that is such a good idea though.

The other two, you unplug the ac(cigarette lighter) plug from the outlet and the main harness and replace it with either one of these. I do not see where to unplug it from the main harness. It’s all wired in together.

This power is for the toggle switch and corded remote. Not the actual winch itself. Sorry for the confusion.

10AEF372 52A4 43A6 B156 27E630BE5A4C

G

Gacoonhunter

Aug 2, 2018
Middle Georgia
Ownership

1. 700-2
Here is a pic of what I’m assuming is the diagnostics connection.

38CD9E6D 7111 4851 BA20 FD66023C18A6

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Pulling power from the diag port seems like a bad ideal, since you jump those terminals to do readouts and clear stuff.

I used the one that goes on the power port (cig lighter). It replaced a stock section that unplugged between the main harness and the port. That was a 2014, so maybe they've changed it.

Reactions: ohanacreek

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!