Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
OMG...
Who ever wrote these instructions needs to be shot.
Took a 2 hour job and turned it into a 2 day job!
There is no way in hell I am going to take my entire front end apart.

Last edited:
Reactions: CharlieNJoy
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wait, you have to raise the dump bed and take the gas cap off to install the winch?

Did someone copy and past instructions for another accessory into the winch mount instructions by accident?

God forbid you ever have to replace the winch line. Might as well buy a new Pioneer you'd have it paid off before you got the old winch off.

Reactions: bigsnowman
M

Montana

Oct 29, 2015
So if one ordered the new front bumper upgrade that is due to be shipped mid Dec. and the winch you have to wait for the new front bumper to install the winch. Unless you would want to do the install twice.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I'm not waiting. When KFI releases there winch I will have it ordered and installed.
I plan to get the full bumper also.
I must have a winch before I take this thing too far off-road'in.
There is no way an ATV is going to pull this thing out of a hole.
But it would be only the front bumper install that would need to be done twice.
Shouldn't take more then a hour.
** As long as you dont follow these drawn out instructions.

Reactions: itsleo
M

Montana

Oct 29, 2015
I'm not waiting. When KFI releases there winch I will have it ordered and installed.
I plan to get the full bumper also.
I must have a winch before I take this thing too far off-road'in.
There is no way an ATV is going to pull this thing out of a hole.
But it would be only the front bumper install that would need to be done twice.
Shouldn't take more then a hour.
** As long as you dont follow these drawn out instructions.
Do you know when the KFI front bumper will be on the market?

P

posterboy

Sounds like the KFI went to production this week. The Winch mount and the Plow mount that is. They are also working on a rear bumper but more in a rush for the winch mount and plow mount.

They are also making the winch mount work with either the Wide winch or the narrow standard winch. I think the Honda is only designed to work with the wide winch.

Q

Qwikcobra

Nov 1, 2015
Has anyone received this winch mount kit from Honda. I purchased one in late October at Honda of Russellville and it still hasn't arrived. They keep telling me it's on back order.
I ordered mine from Babbits online in mid November and it just shipped yesterday and arriving Monday according to them. I had asked to cancel two days ago so I could get the KFI one instead but I'll roll with the honda mount since it's coming.

jcothren

jcothren

Aug 28, 2015
I ordered mine from Babbits online in mid November and it just shipped yesterday and arriving Monday according to them. I had asked to cancel two days ago so I could get the KFI one instead but I'll roll with the honda mount since it's coming.
Thanks. Mine came in yesterday and Honda is installing it as we speak.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I got my Honda mount yesterday and when I opened it it did come with some factory electrical stuff for the install. Not as cheap as the KFI but does come with some other stuff than just the plate.

Whiskey1

Whiskey1

Dec 11, 2015
Arizona
OMG...
Who ever wrote these instructions needs to be shot.
Took a 2 hour job and turned it into a 2 day job!
There is no way in hell I am going to take my entire front end apart.
Holy Crap! Those directions look nasty. Has anyone installed the warn using these exact instructions here? I like the glove box to hold the remote, but that's about it. Also, how is the rope angle on the fair lead using the factory Honda equipment?

Reactions: Hondasxs
Q

Qwikcobra

Nov 1, 2015
I just finished installing mine the instructions are ridiculous i did not follow them to run the wire to the chassis ground and drill a couple holes. I made all connections at the battery. Also the winch contactor is setup to go in the same spot as the accessory fuse panel so I guess they dont expect you to have both. I only used the mount, the cables that run to the winch, and the accessory harness I cut up and spliced in the Warn wireless remote. I used the red/black cables that came with the Warn 4500 winch kit and didnt have to cut or crimp any ends.

The winch cable angle is about 45 degrees coming up to the bumper, so the the Hawse fairlead is not going work well. The backside of the fairlead has a hard edge and would cut or wear the line eventually. I think I am going to order a roller fairlead for mine.

Whiskey1

Whiskey1

Dec 11, 2015
Arizona
I just finished installing mine the instructions are ridiculous i did not follow them to run the wire to the chassis ground and drill a couple holes. I made all connections at the battery. Also the winch contactor is setup to go in the same spot as the accessory fuse panel so I guess they dont expect you to have both. I only used the mount, the cables that run to the winch, and the accessory harness I cut up and spliced in the Warn wireless remote. I used the red/black cables that came with the Warn 4500 winch kit and didnt have to cut or crimp any ends.

The winch cable angle is about 45 degrees coming up to the bumper, so the the Hawse fairlead is not going work well. The backside of the fairlead has a hard edge and would cut or wear the line eventually. I think I am going to order a roller fairlead for mine.

Thanks for the info and pics! Was this installed using the Honda Mounts, or the KFI mounts? I'm ordering the winch today.

CURRIN1776

CURRIN1776

Dec 7, 2015
NC
www.currin1776.com
Took my 1K5 back to the dealer yesterday because they called and said the winch mount was finally in for the Honda pro vantage 4500. Part of the deal with my purchase was having a winch and install included. Picked it up at closing today. The tech that did the install said it was the most aggravating winch install he has ever done. He said he worked on it all day. So I guess the sales department will take a little hit to cover all that labor. lol. He left the install instructions in the glove box. DAMN! had to basically disassemble the whole machine.
I will say this. It's a very clean install. Not really happy about the remote connection in the glove box. The connector is not a very good solid connector either. Can be very easily pulled out. And I'd much rather have a switch on the dash. So when I get time I will be installing a switch in the dash somewhere for sure. All in all though I'm happy with it and how well protected the winch is.

Q

Qwikcobra

Nov 1, 2015
Thanks for the info and pics! Was this installed using the Honda Mounts, or the KFI mounts? I'm ordering the winch today.

I used the Honda Mount on mine. I'd go with the KFI mount knowing what I do now and saved $200. Read the honda instructions and decide especially if you are installing yourself.

Whiskey1

Whiskey1

Dec 11, 2015
Arizona
I used the Honda Mount on mine. I'd go with the KFI mount knowing what I do now and saved $200. Read the honda instructions and decide especially if you are installing yourself.
OK, that's all I needed! Mucho appreciated.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!