Winch mounting brackets

B

Bobbo64

Aug 28, 2013
Has anyone seen any info on winch mounting brackets for the Pioneer. I have ordered a 700-4 and I am hoping it will be arriving in the next couple of weeks. I have always bought my own mounting brackets, but by looking at a Pioneer on a dealers lot and looking at some pictures, mounting of a winch on a Pioneer might be a little tricky. Any info from someone out there might help.

B

Bobbo64

Aug 28, 2013
Meant to say I have always built my own brackets.

Y

Yooper

Sep 17, 2013
Does anyone sell just the mounting bracket?

Attachments

• red.png
    red.png
    129.3 KB · Views: 157
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Yooper said:
Does anyone sell just the mounting bracket?
Not yet.. I will have to make one in a few weeks as my winch will be here then.

Attachments

• RED3.png
    RED3.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 148
BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
Yeah, I'm with you on that. I have a Warn 4500S sitting on the bench waiting to be mounted. Maybe next week when I'm off duty, I'll pull the bumper off and start fabricating a frame plate. I'll post up pics when I do.

Attachments

• RED4.png
    RED4.png
    50.3 KB · Views: 150
bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
winch mounting plate

does anybody have winch mounting plates on these pioneers yet if so can you post pictures thanks

---------admin edit---------
merged your new topic with this topic

Attachments

• 10617391_10152820177749574_2024278277_n.jpg
    10617391_10152820177749574_2024278277_n.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 153
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Here are some pictures of a bracket Chesterl35 made. Simple angle iron cut and drilled to bolt on. Will save you $250
[album]667[/album][album]666[/album]

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
I'm at the point that I've made a card board template and I'm going to a local welding / steel shop tomorrow to buy the plate. I have a plasma cutter, grinder, torch set and mig welder, so it's about time to get down to making my own winch mounting plate.

One small issue is that Honda designed the 1.5" square tubes at a 10 degree or so angle. Once I cut the steel plate, I'l use a rose bud tip and heat and bend the plate to match the angle of the tubes.

I want to over build this as much as possible, it'll end up boxed up and re-enforced.

Pic's to come....

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
This morning I went out and purchased 20' of 6"x 1/4" flatbar, 10' of 1/4" flatbar and 10' of 1/4" angle iron.
Going to make my own winch mount and keep the bumper as it is.

I'll post up some pics as I have something to show.

advertisement
S

Swamper

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
I haven't looked closely at mine yet to consider what the bracketry would look like but for those who've done it do you see enough space in there where it would be feasible to build a bracket with a 2" hitch so that the winch could be removed and attached to the rear if needed? You could run a 12v plug front and rear to make switching easy if its feasible to make the bracket. I don't have a need yet for a winch but that is what I would like if I were to build one.

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
Swamper, I imagine one could weld a receiver tube to a plate such as the ones that I have. I still want to box the frame in more than just relying on a flat plate though.

S

Swamper

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
Thanks bro. Yea I agree it needs to be fairly stout. Guess I won't really need one till I get it stuck. Haven't even come close yet but I'm sure it's coming. I just ordered some rubber and screws my next accessory will be mud flaps for the front. There's plenty of flat area to mount a pair and it will help tame the rock and mud slinging. I spent some time this weekend on a very muddy red dirt road and had lots of mud n rocks caked up under the outer frame. I also noticed while cleaning that mud and rocks also slung into the lower rear a-arms and just collected there on top of the alum arm guards. The mud piled up until it was against the outer rubber cv boots...not good! Front Mud flaps will be installed soon!

C

camdodd

Oct 2, 2013
i see here every one is makeing winch brackets for the pioneer but i made mine with a 1/4 inch plate 5 inches wide welded in the middel of the two 10 degree bumper supports .. workes great and add strength to bumper, painted gloss black with engine paint. no bending no bolts just clean looking job . Honda should of done this at factory!! Trying to add pictures I will figure out and Time

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
welcome to the site camdodd look forward to seeing your mount pictures

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!