russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
What is the largest winch with the most cable capacity that can be realistically installed on a Pioneer 1000? I'm probably going to be installing the Rough Country bumper, so it won't have to be mounted in the "stock" position. I would like to have 75-100' winch rope capacity if possible.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What is the largest winch with the most cable capacity that can be realistically installed on a Pioneer 1000? I'm probably going to be installing the Rough Country bumper, so it won't have to be mounted in the "stock" position. I would like to have 75-100' winch rope capacity if possible.
Rough Country bumper or Tough Country?

Reactions: Lady01
Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think you mean Tough Country. I have a Warn Axom 55s mounted on mine and it just fits under the bush bar design. You might be able to go bigger but you might have to mount the winch a little further back towards the grill. I would take a couple pictures but it loaded in the Toyhauler ready to go to Windrock this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I think you mean Tough Country. I have a Warn Axom 55s mounted on mine and it just fits under the bush bar design. You might be able to go bigger but you might have to mount the winch a little further back towards the grill. I would take a couple pictures but it loaded in the Toyhauler ready to go to Windrock this weekend.

Yes, you are correct. Tough Country. That looks like a very nice winch, but a little out of my price range at the moment. Does anyone have a suggestion for a reliable, less expensive winch with the same rope and weight capacity?

Reactions: Lady01
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yes, you are correct. Tough Country. That looks like a very nice winch, but a little out of my price range at the moment. Does anyone have a suggestion for a reliable, less expensive winch with the same rope and weight capacity?
I have the 4500 version of this on a tough country bumper. I'm not sure if the 6000 will fit on that bumper but I'm assuming it would. They both have 65 ft of line. When I need to replace the rope, I'm just going back with 50ft. I always have a 30ft strap, 8ft tree saver and a 50ft extension anyways.

Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One other thing to think about is the winches pulling strength is on the first wrap of rope on the drum. So the less rope you pull out the weaker the winch. You can see on the chart I have attached that the 4th layer of rope the winch strength is down to 3500lbs. If I remember correctly when I was studying which winch to buy different winch have different strength for the different layer of rope.

Hope that helps in your investigation. 0d3cee019a5af8538d4e074b6ebe7122

R

rickoshea

One other thing to think about is the winches pulling strength is on the first wrap of rope on the drum. So the less rope you pull out the weaker the winch. You can see on the chart I have attached that the 4th layer of rope the winch strength is down to 3500lbs. If I remember correctly when I was studying which winch to buy different winch have different strength for the different layer of rope.

Hope that helps in your investigation.View attachment 262476

add a snatch block if you have enough rope to double back.straight line pulls should be a last resort.

advertisement
Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think the shipping weight was 75lbs. I think the actual bumper is 60ish. I can lift it and install it my self. Not fun though. I love the bumper and protection it gives the front.

Eldorado

Eldorado

Jan 28, 2021
Ellensburg,Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks for the info, website had no weight details. I think I might need one, should fit a Warn Axom 45s.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Thank you all who responded. I appreciate you all!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!