P500 Winch synthetic rope wear?

• Thread starter Deleted member 3748
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3748

I have a season of snow plowing complete and my synthetic rope looks a little worn. Not too bad and not frayed or anything, I'm just wondering how much wear is everyone else seeing.

D

Deleted member 3748

This is the best I could get at night, but it's pretty much how it looks for
IMAG00568
first 18" or so.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Mine broke, so I bought a new steel eye and spliced it in, looks as good as new only stronger due to splice style. Looked online for splicing (how to) and it's easy peasy, good to know for in the field misadventures too.

jrc

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
D

Deleted member 3748

Mine broke, so I bought a new steel eye and spliced it in, looks as good as new only stronger due to splice style. Looked online for splicing (how to) and it's easy peasy, good to know for in the field misadventures too.

jrc
I think I remember seeing your post about making a fancy winch line end. Or maybe it was someone else...

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
isn't that sleep suppose to help when using a plow? Im new to synthetic getting ready to install my first syndic rope!

advertisement
D

Deleted member 3748

Mmm thinking someone else as I don't recall takin pix...of actual splicing the line it's really easy to do. I wouldn't be worried about the fuzz either looked like normal wear to me.

jrc

After I posted that I started to think it may have been someone else.

D

Deleted member 3748

isn't that sleep suppose to help when using a plow? Im new to synthetic getting ready to install my first syndic rope!
If I mounted my winch under the bumper that sleeve would probably help, but I used the KFI mount over the bumper and there's some distance between the winch and plow.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
If I mounted my winch under the bumper that sleeve would probably help, but I used the KFI mount over the bumper and there's some distance between the winch and plow.
i see

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!