Wind deflector windshield

A

Alg

Aug 10, 2014
I'm thinking of getting the wind deflector windshield (looks about 6 in. high) for my Honda 500. Would this keep the wind out of my face, and with it mounted, would I still have access to my under hood storage compartment?

D

drdoom

Looking at the instructions I'd say "yes" to accessing the underhood. However, you'd have to loosen the cam lock clamps and slide it up a bit or remove it completely. I doubt it will keep all the wind out of your face but should help some. Definitely will help redirect some of the dust and the occasional bug.

Grumpy

Grumpy

Sep 25, 2014
I have one and it does have to be removed or relocated higher to access under the hood. The wind is off my chest but still hits my face. My wife has no wind on her face at all though. I'm 6'3", she's 5'5.

O

onlyhonda

Oct 2, 2013
I had the wind deflector on mine. Not really a fan. we got caught in the rain once and I bought the windshield. A) rain tends to puddle up on the front of the roof and then straight to the lap. B) the deflector has to be removed to get to under the hood storage while the windshield can simply be tipped out to access. C) the windshield in the open position lets plenty of air flow through even in south MS heat. My personal advice, buy the tip-out-windshield. but everybody has different needs also.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!