P1000 Windshield and roof question

B

Bored808

Mar 19, 2023
Sayreville, NJ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello all,
The wife and I just bought a new 2022 1000-5 deluxe. Been in the dirt my whole life but new to Sxs. I am happy w my purchase though!
We went for our first ride and quickly realized we need a windshield and roof.
I was looking at the kemimoto roofs but saw they had very mixed reviews so we are now interested in this one from superatv.
what’s everyone doing for windshields? Any recommendations or ones to stay away from?
also, what are some decent roof options?
the Honda one is $1k, not feeling that.
what are some good roof options?
I thought about making my own roof from hdpe.
I did realize that if I screw it up I’m out of that $$$
Sorry for the long post

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The wife and I just bought a new 2022 1000-5 deluxe.
Welcome from The once great state of Michigan now run by radical Leftists!

First things first we like pics of your rig when u first post, its Rule #4 called Pics Or It Didnt Happen!

Pro tip: the search up top will also yield answers to your questions

B

Bored808

Mar 19, 2023
Sayreville, NJ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry. It’s the only pic we have so far.

05F7A047 3FB0 40FE A9E4 FAF8EB26CDAD

B

Bored808

Mar 19, 2023
Sayreville, NJ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from The once great state of Michigan now run by radical Leftists!

First things first we like pics of your rig when u first post, its Rule #4 called Pics Or It Didnt Happen!

Pro tip: the search up top will also yield answers to your questions
Btw. Just because we’re from Jersey doesn’t mean we are leftists.
not our fault everyone else in this state is dependent on the state or feds!

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello all,
The wife and I just bought a new 2022 1000-5 deluxe. Been in the dirt my whole life but new to Sxs. I am happy w my purchase though!
I was looking at the kemimoto roofs but saw they had very mixed reviews so we are now interested in this one from superatv.
what’s everyone doing for windshields? Any recommendations or ones to stay away from?
Sorry for the long post
Welcome to the club!
If you are planning on adding a windshield wiper, then go with glass. I went with OEM roof and glass windshield, expensive? yes, but I'm happy with the fit and look

Reactions: Bored808
StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello all,
Sorry for the long post
Hello.

I know it's way too much, but I think the Honda OEM roof is the way to go. Something to watch with the others and the self-mades are the edge hangovers (which you'll need for the rain and hate when a tree branch wedges in and rips the top off). I didn't want fabric and the Honda roof wraps around the roll cage just right. Note that it will add a few inches in height.

I went with the Seizmik vented windshield, which is doing its job and I can't complain. I had a split-pane Kolpin on my last machine and never opened it, just listened to it rattle on washboards. I prefer a single pane windshield.
In hindsight, I should have bit the bullet, paid more, and bought a glass windshield. This site has a lot to offer on which windshield seems best.

Go back and read the first part about the roof again. I think you'll feel regret about any other roof option.
Best.

B

Bored808

Mar 19, 2023
Sayreville, NJ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve never even heard of those brands so thank you!
now I have different avenues to research

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Btw. Just because we’re from Jersey doesn’t mean we are leftists.
not our fault everyone else in this state is dependent on the state or feds!
Yup, just like us Michigan folk!
not all of us were crazy and voted in WHitler. That was Detroit and Ann Arbor! Loaded with crazy Sucking on the tit of the government fools.

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve never even heard of those brands so thank you!
now I have different avenues to research
Should have done this the first time.
Honda OEM roof - fits right and sheds rain outside the buggy.
Seizmik windshield with vents to stir the air inside. A lot of people prefer the lift up and split windshields.
I use the Arrowhead method for wipers. I hook-squirt part of my Arrowhead water bottle on the windshield and wait for the wind to wipe a small section clean. :cool:

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Honda Roof
Super ATV split windshield.

You won’t be disappointed

Reactions: EMAW and trigger
PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the group from southern Arizona. I went with the 801 UTV glass windshield. There are vents on the bottom that allow a lot of airflow.

P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm running the Alumalite Armor full tip out glass windshield, roof with vents and back panel and couldn't be happier.

P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Here's a couple pics of the tip out windshield, roof and back panel. Added a couple lights to the back panel and wired them through the club store auto backup / work light harness.

Image1 5
Image2

Reactions: Lady01 and PJon
cwalton

cwalton

Who has more fun!
Lifetime Member
Mar 21, 2016
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
OEM roof is best. OEM glass windshield fits the roof well and does not allow air in, but expensive. I just purchased the OEM roof and SuperATV glass windshield with vents. It works great, but it does not fit the roof well. I am now adding foam to seal the crack.

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
OEM roof is best. OEM glass windshield fits the roof well and does not allow air in, but expensive. I just purchased the OEM roof and SuperATV glass windshield with vents. It works great, but it does not fit the roof well. I am now adding foam to seal the crack.
Fortunately, here in Arizona we don’t have to ride when it’s real cold or wet. That space above the windshield let’s a nice cooling breeze come through.

Reactions: CID and cwalton
A

aucivil

Jul 23, 2022
Alabama
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Should have done this the first time.
Honda OEM roof - fits right and sheds rain outside the buggy.
Seizmik windshield with vents to stir the air inside. A lot of people prefer the lift up and split windshields.
I use the Arrowhead method for wipers. I hook-squirt part of my Arrowhead water bottle on the windshield and wait for the wind to wipe a small section clean. :cool:

View attachment 379657
Is that the Gray/Black roof that the gray underside is supposed to lighten the cab interior? If so, is there any appreciable difference?

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Is that the Gray/Black roof that the gray underside is supposed to lighten the cab interior? If so, is there any appreciable difference?
Welcome and congrats on your first post!
what rig do you have?

A

aucivil

Jul 23, 2022
Alabama
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Welcome and congrats on your first post!
what rig do you have?
Just put a deposit down on a 2023 Pearl-Orange 1000-5 Trail edition. Wanted a forest edition for loads but the Fox Shocks seemed easier on backs. Should be taking delivery in a week if the accessories come in.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Just put a deposit down on a 2023 Pearl-Orange 1000-5 Trail edition. Wanted a forest edition for loads but the Fox Shocks seemed easier on backs. Should be taking delivery in a week if the accessories come in.
Nice! Dont forget …..
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!

start a welcome thread also! ;)

Reactions: aucivil

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!