P500 Windshield Purchase

Nathan_HogsFan

Nathan_HogsFan

Dec 21, 2015
NE Arkansas
The Honda hard coat are very expensive. I the the glass ones they sell are worth the cost for sure
I wish I could see a pic of just the windshield without the cab enclosure. I am also worried about riding on gravel roads with others and having my windshield busted. I wish there was a happy medium..

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I wish I could see a pic of just the windshield without the cab enclosure. I am also worried about riding on gravel roads with others and having my windshield busted. I wish there was a happy medium..
A valid concern. Although, after hundreds of miles of gravel roads with others, I can say that I've never had a stone hit my windshield or me in the face before I had one. But if it did, if would likely be a divett like when it happens on a car and not "busted". Ample distance following someone would be prudent, too.

SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
After getting in on this thread a little late I would never recommend the Honda hard coat windshield..I love being able to tip it out so I can get under the hood however, it has scratched MUCH more in one year that the EMP MR10 hardcoat I had on my RZR for two years...specially considering the price...the rubber gaskets on the side and top constantly come off...just not impressed at all....

Nathan_HogsFan

Nathan_HogsFan

Dec 21, 2015
NE Arkansas
After getting in on this thread a little late I would never recommend the Honda hard coat windshield..I love being able to tip it out so I can get under the hood however, it has scratched MUCH more in one year that the EMP MR10 hardcoat I had on my RZR for two years...specially considering the price...the rubber gaskets on the side and top constantly come off...just not impressed at all....
Is there a certain windshield that you would recommend?

SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
Is there a certain windshield that you would recommend?
With the way I use my under hood storage, there is not a windshield, with my experience, I can recommend...The EMP I believe, holds up better at better than half the cost but to get to underhood storage, you'd have to remove the windshield...This Honda windshield (and yes it is hardcoat) is very disappointing as far as scratches, gaskets, and price. Wish I had a better answer :) If not using the underhood storage I would say EMP Pioneer 500 Hard Coat Windshield with Fast Straps

Reactions: Nathan_HogsFan
Nathan_HogsFan

Nathan_HogsFan

Dec 21, 2015
NE Arkansas
With the way I use my under hood storage, there is not a windshield, with my experience, I can recommend...The EMP I believe, holds up better at better than half the cost but to get to underhood storage, you'd have to remove the windshield...This Honda windshield (and yes it is hardcoat) is very disappointing as far as scratches, gaskets, and price. Wish I had a better answer :) If not using the underhood storage I would say EMP Pioneer 500 Hard Coat Windshield with Fast Straps
I don't use my under hood storage so I believe I will buy this one. Thanks for your help!

Z

zxylene

Nov 28, 2015
Carlisle, PA
Just wanted to give a heads up that EMP Windshield is on sale for $161.99 with free shipping definitely worth it as long as it holds up! I have posted the link to the site with it on sale. Pioneer 500 Hard Coat Windshield with Fast Straps pn# 13081
Wow that is a great price I bought mine for $199 $20 shipping I think. It was a value at that. It is holding up great no scratches yet and I love the fast straps. I can take it off in about 10 sec now and put on in about 30 sec.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!